• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2015 playback not working

Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it's kind of strange to ask abouut an older version, but as I don't have a enough powerful secondary PC, i can't upgrade to newer versions on it. It has 4GB ram and intel i3 10th gen, with inbuilt intel hd graphics 5500. Which is the minimum.

The problem is that whenever i load a clip in premiere, it doesn't do a playback, and only shows a single frame or media pending, and the clip is not heavy like 10 hours, it's a 12 sec clip with 4.8mb size.

i have also recorded a un-edited sreen recording of it, as I can't edit because the playback is not working, but everything else, like effects, motion, audio, lumetri, etc. is working fine.

Thanks for the help.

https://youtu.be/jjCV0oO9gUk

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing extra, it only renders the same single frame, and doesn't render the video normally. 

And it also doesn't allow me to export hd. 

All these worked for years, but the problem started today. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not a 10th-Gen i3 at all. That is only a 5th-Generation (Broadwell) dual-core i3 mobile CPU. 10th-Gen i3 CPUs are much newer than your CPU, coming with either Intel UHD Graphics based on the UHD Graphics 620 or Intel Iris Plus 6xx Graphics, depending on the specific CPU model.

Second, your PC officiallly does not have enough RAM to run any version of Premiere Pro from version 9 (CC 2015) onwards. CC 2015 and newer requires at least 8 GB of RAM to even run at all. 16 GB is recommended for HD; 32 GB or more is recommended for 4k.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have rechecked, it is a quad core cpu. And I have Intel graphics card 2500, not 5500.

But as I said, it worked fine until yesterday, so what happened suddenly which made this problem appear? 

And I also wonder, if all the effects, and lumetri works fine, then why only the playback is not working. 

Anyway, if I just upgrade to 16GB ram, and don't change anything on my desktop, would it work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, no 3rd-Gen i3 (like yours) is a true quad-core CPU at all. All 3rd-Gen i3 CPUs are only dual-core with hyperthreading (so 2 cores and 4 threads).

What's more, Intel had depreciated driver support for everything older than 6th-Gen CPUs back in 2018. No "new" drivers had been released for your iGPU since October of last year, while driver compatibility for that iGPU had been locked to 2015 levels (this meant that since the earliest days of Windows 10 back in 2015, no new features or bug fixes were released for your iGPU while only critical security patches continued).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the product specifications for my CPU, And it says dual core chipsets only. 

So that means, premiere Pro wouldn't work even if I upgrade my ram. 

Would Premiere Pro CC 2014 work in my current PC situation?

Or any previous versions? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any ideas, which version would work on mine PC? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry to state this, but you're virtually out of luck at this point. You officially cannot download or install any older version of Premiere Pro prior to the first release of the major version that came prior to the current 2022 version. In this case, version 15.0 (2021-dated version) is officially the oldest that remains available via the Adobe Creative Cloud. You see, since May of 2019 Adobe has now restricted older version availability for all Creative Cloud apps to the current major version plus the immediately preceding major version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
No worries, thanks for the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines