• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2017 Won't Play Project

Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, we are working on a huge project and we can't update the software. We are having issues with the playback. When we hit the space bar or play button nothing happens, video freezes. We tried almost everything, cleaning disk caches, importing project in another projects, importing sequences, opening in other computers. Nothing works. Timecode doesn't count.

And this problem has started today. We are working for 4 months.

System:

Geforce GTX 1080 TÄ°

128 GB RAM

i7 6950X

Windows 10

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Yes, we tried that too.

After many attempts, we finally made it work. There was a sequence contains a lot of nested sequences. If we open that sequence, the playback was stopping. So, we closed that sequence and opened all nested sequences in other sequences, and then restart the project. And surprise, it worked.

I don't what was that. But still, when we open that sequence. Project stops immediately. So i guess we need to copy all of the nested content to another sequence. And then restart. I hope

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kemikf19238401,

Sorry for the issue. Thanks for the detailed post.

Have you tried to change the Default audio input in Premiere Pro Preferences? Change it to "No Input" & check.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, we tried that too.

After many attempts, we finally made it work. There was a sequence contains a lot of nested sequences. If we open that sequence, the playback was stopping. So, we closed that sequence and opened all nested sequences in other sequences, and then restart the project. And surprise, it worked.

I don't what was that. But still, when we open that sequence. Project stops immediately. So i guess we need to copy all of the nested content to another sequence. And then restart. I hope this helps other people too.

I still don't understand what causes this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if this problem still exists on Adobe Premiere 2018?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of this morning, yes, it does. After using an external microphone for a phone call last week and changing the preferences, the space bar no longer works in PR.

Trying the various fixes mentioned here and elsewhere. As of this point, nothing works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. I just found out that the device class setting had been change away from MME. Changing it back made everything work again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am using pr 2020 and i also facing same issue when i click space the doesnot start or stop and when i click right arrow key video doesnot move 1 frame forward and when i click v p c so the tools doesnot come plz help adobe and severel times its come that adobe.exe get reciving problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any luck here? I'm having the same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you have multiple monitors?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines