• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2020 and BRAW errors, URGENT HELP - stuck in the middle of project

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating Premiere Pro to CC 2020 made a lot of crashes and errors. I have some braw footage and some of them I am able to import, and some random ones I cannot (menia offline - trying to link it: The importer reported a generic error.) I have no idea what to do, to import braws. I cannot end my project now.  

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem using Autokroma codec for braw after 2020 update. Uninstalled autokroma, downloaded and installed Blackmagic RAW 1.5.2 off their site (released not too long ago) everythings peachy. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

've been there, 've done that 🙂 nothing helps, also clean install of program didn't help... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stuck in the middle of project

-----------------------------------------------

Go back to 2019 and finish the project before embarking on 2020 with a fresh project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem on previous version of PP from now on 😞 continuing on other comp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. I'll be editing my braw footage and a couple of things are happening constantly:

1. My entire computer crashes.

2. I will double click on a clip and Premiere freezes and gives me the rainbow wheel until I have to force quit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me. Whole folders full of BRAW 6k can import and play fine, but then some folder and/or individual clips don't import (error on import module) and then sometimes when I play a clip it freezes PPro20 and I have to force quit. Just about to dive into a big edit with my producer next week and this will kill me as we have a very tight deadline. 

Anyone?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Josh,

Which plugin are you using?

I've got both the latest BM plugin ... 1.5.2, and the latest Autokroma plugin installed. Both are working without troubles on my Win10/6-core system, though I prefer the Autokroma plugin because of the presets options there.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

BRAW Studio should work well in CC 2020 in its last version (1.8.0 released today). 

We discovered that some braw files can't be imported into PPro with the Blackmagic RAW plugin 1.5.2, but we don't know yet what this files have in particular. 

Nicolas from Autokroma team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OstiaAlex,

Sometimes ... you get what you pay for. The BlackMagic freebie BMRAW plugin works ok ... mostly ... sort-of. Personally, I'm not a big fan of mostly-sort-of.

There is a plugin called BRAW-Studio made by Autokroma that of course you do have to pay for. I suggest trying that one, and paying the small fee for using it each in Premiere and MediaEncoder ... for two reasons:

• It has a preset-setting option available, which is VERY useful;
  • It ... just works.

I too have had spotty issues with the BM freebie. The Autokroma one just works. At least for all my BMRAW media. So ... try that, see if it gets the job done. And btw ... I actual purchased my copies via aescripts.com ... which is a handy site with a ton of plugins for the Adobe apps to peruse through. And buying a plugin from there gives you a process for updating and such within their site. Very handy.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil. Actually I just found the latest Blackmagic RAW 1.6 and since I've just installed that things have improved massively. Only one crash now in a few hours and everything else seems to run smoothly. 

Getting better, so they must be on it. 

Cheers, 

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How has 1.6 been working for you? I installed 1.6 and now I can no longer import .braw files into Premiere 2020. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates with this? I started a project in 2020 using BRAW footage. Edited the whole thing fine. Opened up the project todayfor revisions and suddenly premiere can't recognize any of my BRAW footage – it's all just offline.

Trying to relink it brings back a "unsuported file type" error. 

Just tried uninstalling Blackmagic Raw and updating to the most recent (1.6). No luck. 

I need to get another cut to my client by tomorrow. Not sure what to do. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In another BMRAW thread Nicholas from Autokroma has advice on getting the BM plugin working for some.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

It seems that your installer doesn't install the Blackmagic files at the good place. You should try to run the installer in Admin mode, or maybe look into your computer for the files called "BlackmagicRawPremiereImporter" and "BlackmagicRawPremiereSourceEffect". If you find these files, there should also be a folder called "BlackmagicRawAPI". These files and folder should be in the Adobe Mediacore folder (move these 2 files and the folder here)

• Windows : C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0\MediaCore
  • Mac : /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/7.0/MediaCore

If you still have trouble, you can try to export your timeline in XML, uninstall the Blackmagic plugin, install BRAW Studio (do not pay for the plugin before testing in your computer ! The TRIAL mode is here for this !), load the XML as a timeline, test if everything works, and then pay for BRAW Studio (29$, even cheaper this week because of special offers).

Link to download BRAW Studio if you need to : Link

Note that any color change made with the "SourceSettings of the Blackmagic plugin" will be lost. 

Best,

Nicolas from Autokroma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blackmagic RAW isn't free. You pay for it when you purchase Blackmagic cameras. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well ... sort of.

Those of us who have BM cameras have paid for the development of the format and coding. However ... anyone can download the BMRAW plugin to work with BRAW files on their machine, so ... for general users, the plugin is 'free'.

I would also note that Nicholas from Autokroma has done a lot more to support the BMRAW plugin here than BM has. Including posting articles on their site with detailed instructions for users of the 'free' BMRAW plugin to get it working.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it works ... stay with it! Right.

If not, there is an alternative. Ain't this all a joy? Sigh.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problems and switched to the thrid party plugin, and this fixed the issue thus far. thanks for the advice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines