Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Premiere Pro CC 2021 constantly freezing

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all hopefully someone may be able to point me in the right direction. Premiere Pro is constantly freezing whenever I go to save a project. Additionally it regulary wont allow me to move clips along the timeline.

I have restarted, re-installed, cleared the cache, used the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool, changed the video rendering and playback option to "mercury playback engine Software Option" many times and no matter what the freezing keeps occuring thus making it impossible to complete my work. My system details are below. Any advice or guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Rich

Premier Pro:         version 15.4

OS Name:            Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Version:                10.0.19043 Build 19043

System Type:        x64-based PC

System SKU:        LENOVO_MT_20QV_BU_Think_FM_ThinkPad X1 Extreme 2nd

Processor:             Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2592 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date:       LENOVO N2OET52W (1.39 ), 28/04/2021

Installed Physical Memory (RAM):        32.0 GB (26GB available for Adobe)

Display Adapters:        Intel UHD Graphics 630           Driver version 30.0.100.9684  (09/07/2021)

NVidia GeForce GTX 1650      Driver Version 30.0.14.7141   (12/07/2021)

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Sorry for your trouble.

Please try to:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/clear-cache.html

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Joëlle

I have reset Premiere Pro and cleared the cache as per the links above and the same problems are still occuring.

Cheers Rich

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there!

Sorry to hear that. We can get this checked.

Let us know.

Thanks.

Kartika

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines