Premiere Pro CC 2022 is Too Slow!

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today, I have realized, in my laptop (MacBook air 2020 m1 - 16 GB ram) premiere pro being slow. It is so slow that it is practically unusable to me.  Just trying to play my timeline with simple unmodified videos is not possible anymore as the lag is too much. In the past, I can use the app easily but right now when I am using premiere pro I'm gonna crazy! Because it's too slow and it is freezing frequently! would it do because of the new version? what can I do?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and also I am using the latest version -22.2-

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Sorry to hear that, Does this happen on a specific project? Have you tried resetting preferences and deleting cache files?

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kartika

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2022 Apr 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done both of these things and it's still unusably slow. I'm about to download finalcut because waiting 30 seconds for every single tiny timeline edit to load is ridiculous. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2022 Apr 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mfu! I think we need more information. I have used the Macbook Air 2020 M1 and had no issues after long term use. I am now using the Mac Studio Max (64gb RAM). Again, I have had 0 issues with the project loading and overall minimal issues. I want to note that the latest version is actually 22.3, and I saw improvements from 22.2. 

It will also become more and more optimized with your silicone chip in the future. I would suggest contacting adobe support and they can help you troubleshoot. For now, I would reset preferences and clear cache. If that doesn't work maybe give premiere a nice reset- delete it and reinstall it and see how it might improve.

In this case I don't think this is an issue with adobe

Jason, Owner at Creando LLC

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with speed of program. PP2021 was fine, I just loaded PP2022 4/28/2022 and I feel like I'm running a 486.

I have:  HP Intel Core i7 @1.80gh with 12 GB RAM Using Windows 11

PP version 22.31 (Build2)

I was only making a 20 sec Intro and to move anything around the screen was choppy at best. Constantly overshooting my mark. When I finally got everything where I thought I needed them, I did an export. For 20 sec spot, took nearly 10 min to export. I exported to 720x480, Format h.264 performance hardware encoding, profile high, level, 4.2, CBR bitrate 4257, and NO AUDIO.  Any suggestions appreciated.

Again, didn't have this problem prior to upgrade.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you are not alone im using a razer blade pro 17 maxxed out beast and it takes 44 min to upload a 17minute video  Adobe is expensive and now its obsolete. WTF!!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines