• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2022 is Too Slow!

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today, I have realized, in my laptop (MacBook air 2020 m1 - 16 GB ram) premiere pro being slow. It is so slow that it is practically unusable to me.  Just trying to play my timeline with simple unmodified videos is not possible anymore as the lag is too much. In the past, I can use the app easily but right now when I am using premiere pro I'm gonna crazy! Because it's too slow and it is freezing frequently! would it do because of the new version? what can I do?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's completely useless now. I'm sick of being on edge whether Adobe products will work on any given day. It destroys my workflow, wrechs productivity and thus a loss of INCOME and my creativity.

It's terrible! Absolutely unusable and I've had so many performance issues with EVERY Adobe app lately especially Premiere. I can't even click anything without having to wait minutes fpr any response, CPU jumps to 100% and everything crawls. It's terrible. I'm going to move to something else. Adobe used to be amazing and the last few years it's turned to crap. I can't trust that a project will be able to be worked on using Adobe products so why put my work into supporting a product that just gets in the way. I have not had a good experience with CC at all. I've been an Adobe user since 1998! At least then it functioned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm checking out less bloated and smarter products like RunwayML to replace After Effects and Premiere. At least Runway does what it says on the tin! Who needs a software paperweight? Adobe, your software is causing a loss of income to many people. You should pay us for being your guinea pigs and test subjects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, why does Adobe have 18 trackers on this simple site alone!?? I pay for Adobe products. I don't pay to be tracked. Is that why your products are so bloated and slow?All the calls to Adobe and privacy invading friends constantly trying to run on my computer. Why is it that starting Premiere starts so many processes in the background that have nothing to do with Premiere? Please, explain. Adobe products feel like an invasion of my machine now. It's unfortunate.

Been waiting fo Premiere to save a 62 second video for 30 minutes now. I used ffmpeg instead. About 2 minutes in Google Colab got it done. I'm curious how long Adobe will take but wow is my machine crawling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any fix for this yet? Premiere 2022 takes 5-30 seconds just to load me clicking on a single layer, it's basically unusable for actual editing. Premiere 2021  seems to work just fine, even 2020 works.

Core i7 7700k
GTX1080
32GB of RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the Premiere Pro Beta version and had a lot less lagg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I switched to Davinci Resolve about a year ago (the free version) and it works amazingly smooth. No problem editing and previewing 4K files.
I actually ordered a new Macbook Pro because I thougt my old 2018 was too slow to run  Premiere and all the other Adobe applications.
I had to wait from december to march before the mac turned up so I installed Resolve and it turned out that it wasn't the mac that was the problem, it was Premiere.
Even my new 16" MacBook Pro M1 - 64GB Ram - 2tb won't run Premiere properly. I cant understand how Adobe can continue selling their products when it doesn't work. Will buy Affinity Photo, Designer and publiserh as well.

I've been using Adobe since 1997 and now almost all products are useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there a bug with Premiere that slows down using computer resources during rendering when left unattended?
On a 32Gb m1max mbp  apart from the usual Encoding time window estimate for "one minute left" (that may take a few hours) discrepancy note, when i leave it to render, though initially fans kick in and cpu  usage goes full, if i return to find a quiet mpb not yet finishing the render, when i click on Premiere to see how its going, fans and CPU kick in again just for a short while. So clearly something is going on here...
Render settings to Prores 422 HQ exactly matching all Sequence settings and using GPU  effects...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines