• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2023 stuck on 'Media pending'

Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently updated to the 2023 version of Adobe Premiere Pro. My project is quite large but I have been patient. It is stuck on the media pending screen for all my footage and I can't edit my project. 

This used to work before I updated. I am working on a high-spec PC and would appreciate your support on this recent issue.

Many thanks,

Theo

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Update:

The issue is caused by a certain file in my timeline or the amount of footage in my sequence. I have been able to select all footage (Ctrl-A) (Cmnd A) and disable the footage. The lag then stopped and I was able to save. When I enable the footage back again it goes back to being frozen so I am selecting the footage bit by bit until I find the source of the issue or until it lags to which I will then create a new sequence to separate the project to reduce issues. All seems to be okay for

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's quite large, split it in two separate projects

I had to do that with a project that was between 250 and 300 Mb.

Became unmanageable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Project files are simply massive metadata tables. And especially on migration, can get messed up.

One thing to try, is close that and any other project in Premiere. Dump the cache files, then try reloading the project.

Past that, I hope you have a duplicate, naturally ... and have you tried simply working in 2022 for now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, thank you for your time.

I have re-installed the 2022 version and it seems I am having the same issue, the cache has been cleared and it continues to be stuck. A copy has been made, thank you for the advice. Perhaps a brief look at a video I have recorded, (excuse my timeline, I am still learning myself) https://youtu.be/CprQdqty_Vw

Many thanks,

Theo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tested footage source previews without the timeline and the issue consists even with project footage with no timeline running, I am unsure what this means.

Theo 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you've got a TON of audio on that sequence, and the audio tracks are where you have the angled

"hazard warning" lines.

So have you checked the bins to see if those are linked correctly? If you have question marks on those audio clips in the bin, then that's where your issue lies.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I have not seen any error with my footage in the bins so far as I have had them organised since the start of this project. In my previous message, I mentioned that I imported new footage and that doesn't play either on a blank sequence with others closed.

I tried resetting the cache in a separate copy, I have tried removing the render files but that didn't work either. The entire project is frozen and does not save. Most of the audio is attached to each multi-cam clip. This issue only consists in this project only.

Thanks,

Theo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Next thing is to create a new project file, then from the MediaBrowser panel navigate to the previous project file, and right-click/import-ingest a sequence from the old project. See if it works. Sometimes you can get past a corrupt project file that way.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, thanks for getting back to me.

I found this quite successful thank you, but only one sequence out of two is shown in my folders when I am importing. I could only import my first section which was called 'Intro Only' which played fine in the new project. Problem is that the footage I need is in the sequence that is not appearing in my import destination called 'Versus Last Half'.

I need to work on that sequence.

Thanks,

Theo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:

The issue is caused by a certain file in my timeline or the amount of footage in my sequence. I have been able to select all footage (Ctrl-A) (Cmnd A) and disable the footage. The lag then stopped and I was able to save. When I enable the footage back again it goes back to being frozen so I am selecting the footage bit by bit until I find the source of the issue or until it lags to which I will then create a new sequence to separate the project to reduce issues. All seems to be okay for now. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently updated to the 2024 version of Adobe Premiere Pro. My project is small like 100mb but I have been patient. It is stuck on the media pending screen for all my footage and I can't edit my project. 

This used to work before I updated. I am working on a high-spec PC and would appreciate your support on this recent issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, did you properly dump your cache files before opening Premiere, after updating? You don't want old cache files still "active".

Hold down Shift or Alt while launching, then choose to dump all cache files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same just happened to me with the 2024 version! My project was 149 MB. I had to open a new project and import my latest sequence from the old project to be able to continue editing.. Very frastrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same here. I'm on a brand new Mac Studio and have dumped my cache files, but the After Effects comps in my Premiere timeline won't link even when pointed to the correct files. Dynamic Link seems to be broken. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines