Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC Audio Cuts Out

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay,

So I've switched to the new Premiere Pro CC and now my audio drops out during playback. Doesn't matter if it's an aiff, mp3, whatever. I never had this problem with Premiere Pro CS6. All files are saved to an XServe Network on OS 10.8.4. I'll have to remain using Premiere CS6 for the time being.

Also, just tested this out. I had a TIFF sequence playing with this audio. It did NOT like that. I can play the audio by itself just fine. So it seems to be a problem with playing the video file WITH the audio.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 12, 2016 May 12, 2016

Hi,

Audio dropouts:
Audio dropouts could be caused by a number of reasons, so there is no one correct answer. Typically, it is because of one of the following:

1. Insufficient computer resources (hardware not powerful enough for certain media, media files are long in duration).
  2. Materials were not ingested properly (H.264 or HEVC media needs to be transcoded or proxies created).
  3. Out of memory (memory cache is full and needs to be cleared via rebooting or otherwise).
  4. Sequence Settings for audio sam

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 367 Replies 367
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2015 Mar 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe! I also have this problem, and it occurs VERY FREQUENTLY every 15 to 20 minutes on every single project that I work on, from a very simple, single audio tracked, 15-sec Instagram short video to a longer documentary style piece:

While editing in Premiere Pro CC timeline I will go to render a sequence. After rendering, the video starts to playback and after 1 to 5 seconds of normal playback the audio stops working and the video freezes. Other times, the audio will continue while the picture freezes. When I try to click on the timeline or pause the playback to troubleshoot, nothing works and the entire Premiere Pro freezes up and stops working. After a few seconds or up to 2 minutes of this, I get the following error message: "sorry, a serious error has occurred that requires Adobe Premiere Pro to Shut down..." (see attached error message screen grab) I get no explanation of the problem other than this, and no chance to save my work. Sometimes it tells me that a report was sent to Adobe, and sometimes not.

My workstation specs are:

Adobe Premiere Pro CC 8.2

"2014.2 Release"

8.2.0 (65) Build

MacBook Pro Retina 15-inch, Mid 2014

OSX Yosemite Version 10.10

2.2 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 16GB

Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Working with all project and asset files saved to an external 1TB LaCie drive on USB 3.0. Other times saving all project and asset files to an external 1TB G Drive, also always using USB 3.0.

PLEASE HELP, I CANNOT GET ANY WORK DONE.

Screen Shot 2015-03-11 at 11.47.33 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2015 Mar 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, try it, works for me. thx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 04, 2015 Apr 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having serious audio droput ever since the most recent CC update about 10 days ago. Reported it. Not pleased with these recurring issues with PremierePro CC. In addition, every time a dropout occurs, it's accompanied by a visible video "twitch" - like it backs up 1 or 2 frames.

e62dd122a773763425a96f8db305bef7.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2015 Apr 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PROBLEM

I had the same issue and that was driving me crazy.

I couldn't preview 2 minutes of video in my timeline without having dozens of Audio Dropouts.

I tried cleaning Cache, changing scratch disks, etc, and Audio Buffer Size. None of these worked. Other users reported Hard Drive issues causing this situation, but I tried to edit in different computers, and I even resintalled my operating system, drivers and applications. None worked.

I think the problem has something to do with memory management, but I don't know if it has to do with RAM or disk access.

POSSIBLE SOLUTION

I went through many of Premiere Pro Preference menus to look for a possible solution.

Since I changed Rendering PReference to "Memory" my problems stopped.

Premiere Audio Dropout Possible Solution.jpg

I'm not sure if this a final solution, but at least I've been playing around in the timeline for a while without having any issues.

I Hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Audio Dropouts started to show up again. They don't show as often as in "performance" memory mode, but still shows up.

This is a real pain in the ***.

I'm thinking already about moving to another NLE software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2015 Aug 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your post here, it helped in my case!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2015 Aug 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case

POSSIBLE SOLUTION

I went through many of Premiere Pro Preference menus to look for a possible solution.

Since I changed Rendering PReference to "Memory" my problems stopped.

WORKED!!!

Thanks numagf!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2015 Apr 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem AND it seems to happen on the export as well.  It's starting to drive me insane.  I've got deadlines to meet.  And it's only started since the last update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2015 Apr 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did a new thread for the latest premiere update on this issue ever get started?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2015 May 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems, that only possible solution is to right click on Sequence (top bar) and choose Render audio. Only way that works to me.

Premiere CS6 MAC (But i think that will works on CC too)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2015 Jul 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kokout's suggestion to render the audio track solved my issue in PP CS6, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 27, 2015 May 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Premiere Pro and a Aja card and I also use Edius on the same machine. I Edius is set to the system audio and Premiere to Aja there is no problem but if I set Edius to Aja, Premiere looses audio and I have to close Edius and restart Premiere to get it back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2015 Jul 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you found a solution to the audio dropped in Premiere CC? If not I found a solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2015 Nov 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me:

Go into the nested audio sequence (if you have one), then render and replace. For me it seemed like the two sequences weren't talking to each other and rendering the root audio fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2015 Nov 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you select all the audio files in your sequence and choose "render and replace" the issue is solved i guess (worked for me)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2016 Jan 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, i just created an account to help you guys.
Same issue working on a HDD shared project, and this randomly happened only to me on my pc (3 people working same project). After tons of differents proofs (rendering audio, replacing the file and many others) I tried copying the same mp3 file from the disk to another (in this case my secondary disk on the pc), after that I replaced the audio footage (the premiere option) with the copied one and problem solved. Hope you get it and works for you aswell.

Excuse my enlgish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 02, 2016 Feb 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PP = Audio drops. This is the reality. I work with several machines, Mac and Win, and there is no solution to this bug. Well the solution exist...i'm lucky because i have a BM camera with Resolve in it. No more headache and no more audio drops.

Stop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2016 Feb 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A solution that works for me: i just installed CleanMem (Download CleanMem 2.5.0)

I noticed that ram memory tends to fill up to 75 % after 5-6 hours of work in premiere pro...and then begins audio dropouts. CleanMem keeps ram memory at a decent level (30-35 % in my case) and no audio dropouts or very few (every couple of hours for one or two frames, totally insignificant).

I just installed CleanMem free with no settings

Sorry for my not so good english

Windows 7 Professional x 64

Intel i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz

GTX 650

24 GBs RAM

90 GB SSD OCZ-AGILITY3 OS\APPS

1TB WD 7200 x2 (storage)

Premiere Pro v8.0.1 (21) Build

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2016 Apr 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE! This issue dates back over two years in this forum. No, almost 3 years! Are you going to fix it? Its a freakin audio file, is it that hard for your system to handle? I wish I could cuss right now but I know you'll just take down my post. But for the sake of your millions of dollars in monthly customer subscriptions... FIX IT! AND, offer support on the weekends!!! UGGHGHGHHGHGHGH!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2016 May 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Creative Cloud for one week now. Have the same problem.

No sound in Premiere pro source monitor, or it stops

With different avi files.

No sound in the sourcemonitor.

No sound in the sequence.

But when I command "Edit clip in Audition" the sounds is there. Even before Audition starts.

Is this helpfull?

Are you working on this, probably old issues.?

If you cannot reproduce it, can we help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I ended up calling Adobe. They gave a solution that works, but in my opinion, its an unfixed bug. Basically, he had me find all of my adobe files on my computer. The kinds of files that hold the path/mapping... he had me rename those files so that adobe was forced to re-create the paths and thus create a newly cashed system. I'm sure I've lost you by now because I'm not even sure if I'm using the right terminology, but the basic issue is that the path becomes corrupted. Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have you opened a support ticket yet? FAQ: How do I contact Adobe Support?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not open a ticket, but I did speak with a tech. He had me rename the folders in which the location mapping files were located, forcing premiere to recreate. This worked, but it certainly was not because of my computer, my files, my drives, etc. This happens randomly and usually with AVCHD files. Scouring the internet for similar complaints reveals that this is indeed a widespread issue. It seems to me a caching issue, but I'm not expert. Thanks for responding and I appreciate any further info you hear about this concern.

Best regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 17, 2016 May 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Benduke77

Do you have details for the paths you had to rename?

Has the problem re-emerged?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto Trevor: what were the folders you had to rename Benduke?

'Twill be info most gratefully received; I'm experiencing this issue now, 5 years later!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines