Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Premiere Pro CC: can blue text interface be changed back to yellow?

Engaged ,
Oct 06, 2014 Oct 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wondering if there's an option in preferences to change the color of the interface text. It used to be yellow and now it's more difficult to see.

I notice the blue text across the entire range of updated programs: AE, PP, Photoshop, etc.

So is it a setting in the cloud itself that would allow me to change the color back to yellow?

If not, not big issue, I'll just have to get used to it. Love the new interface in any case. Much more responsive with no issues.

Thank you, Adobe!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 06, 2014 Oct 06, 2014
No, there's no way to control color of the focus highlighting and the text for certain controls. As you note, this is part of major changes to the user interface across many programs.

Translate

Translate
replies 336 Replies 336
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there's no way to control color of the focus highlighting and the text for certain controls. As you note, this is part of major changes to the user interface across many programs.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK then, but it would be great to have the option to select your own color. I noticed that a number of other people had problems with the blue color interface as well.

I find it harder to see text and digits with the blue. The yellow stood out more and was easier to read.

Where on Adobe's web site should I go to recommend this as a feature request?

Thanks again.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To propose a bug fix or feature request:

Submit a feature request or bug report

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 08, 2014 Oct 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad I read this before hitting the update button. The blue is really hard for my eyes to distinguish from the grey background. It wasn't broken why mess with it. Is someone from Apple now working at Adobe?  🙂

At least give people a choice, please.

CHEERS.

Mark

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is someone from Apple now working at Adobe?  🙂

I just had to chime in on this one.  Given the addition of the much less useful Clip Mixer and the default and unnatural Rectified Audio waveforms, it seems a good bet that the PP lead is a new guy from Cupertino that Adobe unfortunately feels lucky about acquiring.

To my mind, there's been a lot of wasted resources on stupid shit that might make some few editors feel better because PP now looks like FCP, but doesn't really add anything truly useful.

While I generally prefer blue to yellow as a color, this new mix is definitely more difficult on the eyes.  There's not enough contrast between the blue and the background.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to create a poll in this forum? I know I can do it on dvxuser.com. This blue text seems to have been an issue with so many people, that I think it would be helpful if someone put together a poll, possibly along these lines:

• Do you favor or dislike the new blue-themed interface?

If you dislike it, and had the opportunity to choose your themed color, which would it be?

• The Adobe legacy Yellow color?

• White

• Red

• Green

• Cyan

• I would prefer the option to select my own color theme

(the color attracting the highest number of votes, could be the one Adobe gives us as an alternative for anyone having difficulty with darkish blue.

Ideally, what could be better than an option that just let's us select our own color, like we can in Adobe Audition for audio waveforms.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was a HORRIBLE design decision. I find the neon blue nauseating. And I'm stuck with it in AE and Premier?  Who makes these decisions???

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 13, 2014 Oct 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a change for the better.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2014 Dec 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would be nice if we, the users, could change that color. I´m in the 30 days trial period, and i´m wondering why you make sooooo many changes to the cs6 interface. Look´s more modern of course, but it´s just a pain to use.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 03, 2015 Jan 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Lord! I crossed all of my fingers and toes, threw a four-leaf clover in my pocket and updated one of our machines to 8.2.0 (I gave the dog's breakfast that was 8.1 as wide a berth as possible... I've only loaded a dingle project so far, so I can't speak to its stability or reliability, but MY GOD, THE BLUE IS HORRIBLE. Like, objectively, unequivocally HORRIBLE. It's one thing seeing it in screen caps, but to actually be faced with the UI in person...? *shudder*

I'm going to head off and file another bug report about this...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untitled-1.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea ... "we" hear you, as there's quite a few of us ...

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like you..I will get used to it.

Sticking with that cool Yellow would have been my preference too.

Wonder how many feature requests they got for a change on that.

Must say though ...someone at Adobe has an "interesting color palette" when it comes to choosing these things.

Wonder if it was the same dude that chose the purple for EOF indicator?

Thanx to those that gave us a choice to turn that one on / off BTW.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shooternz wrote:

Wonder if it was the same dude that chose the purple for EOF indicator?

Nope. The end of sequence indicator was entirely the work of the PPro team, whereas the overhaul of the whole was a collaborative effort of the Experience Design crew across multiple programs. For what it's worth, several beta testers reported that they started off not so keen on the new look, but within a short time they came to like it.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2014 Oct 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure about it yet, just makes me feel am in another program. Hope this is not an attempt to look like iMovie, sorry meant FCP X.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 07, 2014 Oct 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. The end of sequence indicator was entirely the work of the PPro team, whereas the overhaul of the whole was a collaborative effort of the Experience Design crew across multiple programs. For what it's worth, several beta testers reported that they started off not so keen on the new look, but within a short time they came to like it.

I might come to like it as well...but will probably just accept it as what it is.  Weird fluoro blue text and lines that kind of destroys the clean sharp  "professional software look" that one sees in Smoke and Resolve

I do  feel sorry for those that have a legibilty issue though.  It is readable on my system but it certainly does not jump out clearly or cleanly. Its kind of an amateur art direction color IMHO.

Still...I will remain curious what rationale there was to change it and what the beta testers came to like about something that was not ever a reported  issue!

I have not checked yet but I wonder if while they were tweaking colors for the numerical parameters..they  gave a thought  to making them easier to "grab" and adjust.   ( That has been an issue posted on occasion and maybe a subject for FRs)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sticking with that cool Yellow would have been my preference too.

My preference was, "If it ain't broke..." but who listens to me? 

It's good to keep in mind that these things get decided at pretty high levels of management after a lot of scrutiny and have a lot to do with keeping the larger Cloud offering harmonious and interoperable.  What works in one app does not work as well in others, so it's a real challenge trying to keep that balance and not all users will be happy wight he final decision. That said, if some users are having real vision trouble or even health problems (like headaches) after using our apps, that's a real concern, so it's good that those people have made their difficulties known. The best solution would be to make it customizable, but that may not be a quick feature to implement, architecturally.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's good to keep in mind that these things get decided at pretty high levels of management after a lot of scrutiny

I get that in my work too!

The client asks his wife / girl friend /office girl / accountant /dentist ....what they thinks of the TVC we just edited... and we change it.

Some of you might think I am joking.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, shooter, I know how much you AREN'T joking.

If the design team had sat day after day, 8-12 hours per day, in a decently dark room working at NOTHING but PrPro or SpeedGrade or Ae and came up with this I'd have more sympathy for their thinking process. However ... as they clearly haven't ... well, I have little to no sympathy about this.

As a working professional I don't care at the end of the day if it's cool or spiffy or new fangled or looks like Smoke or even breathes fire. I only care how well it and I have been able to work together for that day.

And after this totally unasked for change, "it" ain't working nearly as well, nor unfortunately am I. Doesn't matter which of the digital  video/audio apps, I use PrPro, Ae (not as much), Speedgrade, and Audition ... and this makes my work harder and slower. Period.

It's a design choice that any research into the physics of how people and .. .especially men ... see ... would have suggested as STOOPID. It's a design choice that wouldn't fly by any of the pieces I've ever read about how to design for easy & quick readability.

And the whole and ENTIRE reason for changing is it looked cool to some of the design team. And well, beta testers didn't object to it too much after they sorta got used to it.

Wow.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like Adobe's got a bad case of the Apples!

Apple not paying attention to their customers, I understand; they make very little money off of the Pro market. Very few Apple users rely on their iPhones or whatever as a revenue stream.

Adobe constantly confounds me, though. It frequently seems like they don't understand (or don't care) that the vast majority of their customers use their software as a source of income. That's something that needs to treated very cautiously and respectfully; if you f**k with somebody's income, you'd better have a good reason, not just, like, "well, the designers think that yellow is SO 2012." Inconveniencing a bunch of cellphone users is one thing; they'll whine about it on the internet for a few weeks, and move on, no worse for wear. Making it more difficult to DO OUR JOBS (even in as small and seemingly inconsequential of a way as making text more difficult to read) is a completely different story. As I've said in another thread, time = money. If it takes me longer to do something, that's less money in my pocket, or less time to spend with my family.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So hear you on this, Derjis .... I'm on a couple other forums where I'm known as a bit of an Adobe ... well, prefer-er? ... and I've got a few choice messages wanting to know what the H&LL Adobe was thinking. They just come over from Final Cut or Resolve, start settling in ... and suddenly Apple's STOOPID tricks they played on their pro graphics customers pop up here?

I don't have an answer for them. Other than PLEASE fill out the bug report forms. For many, this ... if not fixed ... IS a bug that will force them AWAY from Adobe to other products.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I rather like it. It is a nice color blue, and I don't think the yellow had any particular advantage to it. Not that it really matters to be. Blue, green, yellow. As long as I can see it.

artofzootography.com

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blue is great! I like it!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My point is not about aesthetics - whether I like or dislike it, will or will not get used to it.

I simply have extreme difficulty reading it. - across the whole CC 2014 refresh.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines