Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC crush under Mac OS Monterey after start or open a project

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

made the mistake to install the Mac OS Monterey update. From that moment, Premiere Pro crushing everytime, I start a new project or open an excisting project. Tried to uninstall und re-install Premire Pro but didnt work. On my MacBook, everything works. So I guess its the iMac? 

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)

4,2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 580 8 GB

macOS Monterey 12.5.1 (21G83)

and Premire Pro 22.5.0 (Build 62)

Has someone an idea how to fix it?

After Effects, Photoshop etc works fine.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi stefanh,

Sorry, man! Have you done any troubleshooting, like deleting the media cache with all projects closed? Have you tried resetting preferences? These things can fix otherwise unexplained issues. Please also disable any interoperation with iCloud. You can also check Security Preferences to allow all folders and disks the appropriate permissions. Those settings can interrupt permissions if set incorrectly. Come back with questions.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kevin,

thanks for your help!

I deleted the media cash, reset the preferences, checked the security preferences (everything is allowed) but Premiere Pro 22.5 still crushes after opening a project.

I saved the .dmp report. Is this maybe helpful?

Thank you! ❤️

Stefan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stefan,  I updated to Premiere Pro latest version and it was crashing as well.  After a few calls with Adobe, I had to downgrade Premiere Pro to the previous version as it does not work with the Mac Monteray platform yet,  Once I downgraded, everything works fine....just waiting on the fix.  I hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When reinstalling Premiere, one thing that can help this process is to use this

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Please let us know if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey hey everyone,

I fixed the problem! Kevin-Monahan was kinda right: Preferences (or maybe PlugIns, Effects, idk). But the way with deleting folders at the libraries didnt work. I found this shortcut (and this one fixed it and really killed all preferecnes etc.

https://techstacker.com/how-to-reset-adobe-premiere-pro-to-default-settings/

Since then, Premiere works fine as before.

Hope this shortcut will help others!

To reset Adobe Premiere Pro preferences to the default settings:

1. Hold down: Alt/Options on Mac or Alt on (Windows).
  2. Keep holding down the Alt key, and click on the Premiere Pro app icon to open it.
  3. In a few seconds, it asks you “Are you sure you want to reset your preferences?”.Click OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines