• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC taking FOREVER to export

Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2014 Mar 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a mac (2013 imac and macbook pro, 24GB/16GB ram, etc) and Premiere Pro used to export just fine (~10 minutes for 3 minute 1080p video to h.264, everything pre-rendered) and now on both of my machines it seems like PP isn't able to use the rendered files EVEN when I select "use previews" because it takes 30-40 minutes to export now. As an aside, I have to render essentially every second of my timeline due to the nature of the footage & effects I'm using - my footage is image sequences of jpgs that are a weird size, the timeline is 1920x1080 though. Media Encoder isn't any faster, either. It doesn't matter whether I use software or CUDA accelerated export, either. They are all slow.

I'm getting no direct indication that there's an error - just that PP takes far too long to export. Unacceptably long. Rendering times are fine, so there's not a problem with my system there.

Thanks,

Henry

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 06, 2016 May 06, 2016

Hi,

This FAQ may assist those that need help exporting faster: FAQ: How do I speed up rendering, exporting, or encoding?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2016 Apr 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got a new computer with double the amount of memory of the previous one. Naturally the CPU is a bit more powerfull too. Installed adobe Products to a clean Win 10 and tried to export a 15 second Full HD movie.

I had time to drive to the grocery store and come back and the process still wasn't finished! 15 Seconds of movie!!!!

Premiere Pro has become a joke and I'm done with it for good now. Somehow I hoped that a new computer might help, but no.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couple questions about your new PC... (I just built a new PC as a dedicated editing station, and things that took 8-15 hours to export before are now taking 5-7 minutes, with other programs running in the background)

How much memory total?  I'm running 64gb, and can preview in Premiere even with Lumetri on full res.

How much memory in your video card / what kind of card?

How fast is your drive(s)?  If you are working with anything less than 7200rpm, it's going to be very slow to export.  And RAM doesn't always matter during exports and renders, your VRAM is super important. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌I'm not going to entertain this at all. 15 seconds of full HD should be doable in just about any relatively recent computer. My fall back program, Pinnacle Studio, is lightning fast compared to PP and even my phone outperforms PP in handling videos. I have no interest in spending any more time resolving the issue. While I appreciate the effort to help, I'm now beyond that.

I'm only glad I didn't pay for PP separately and my ther Adobe årograms seems to work ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌i don't work for adobe, was just curious, so direct your frustration elsewhere. Basically, I was having issues too, but I solved them, because they were on my end , and probably on your end too. Anyways, good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2016 Apr 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm this is an issue. I am on MAC el capitan 10.11.4 and the exports are unusable.. 6min of video with lowest possible quality (estimated size 25mb) takes 2 hours.. Is there somebody that can help me fix this? I've tried rendering,software, opencl, seperate media encoder.. nothing helps..

On the other note, my previous machine is a ultra powerfull Windows media PC with quadro.. and I noticed that all my projects which previously exported in minutes are now taking a lot longer... the updates must have broke something.

Is there a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 06, 2016 May 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This FAQ may assist those that need help exporting faster: FAQ: How do I speed up rendering, exporting, or encoding?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2016 May 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Certainly there must be a bug or something.

Rendertimes  for a 2 hour sequence queued to AME for h264.mp4 export show 43 hours?

Source mts 1080, some titles and lumetri color correction for WB, exported to mp4.

Used to be 4-8 nours not 40+...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, I updated from 2020 to 2021 and suddenly videos that used to render minute for minute are taking all day on the same hardware with the same settings, something is horribly broken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2016 Jul 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto this. I do a regular, reoccurring job 3 times a month with the same cameras for the past year and it's been taking just a little more than realtime for a 960x540 H264 export. Since upgrading to 2015.3 the exact same camera codec/sequence settings with the same export preset takes 3x longer. Something definitely changed for the worse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's now 2017 and rendering times are still horrifically slow. Adobe have you broken Premier and the media encoder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you go to render make sure the "use previews" and "use proxies" boxes are checked, took me from all day renders back to my almost minute for minute rendering!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah. I searched this topic because my video just took 50 minutes to export 1%. If my maths is correct this means my 22minute video is going to take 3 and half days!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel your pain just exporting my 16min project only 83 hrs 52 mins to go 😮

3AC3698A-4EE9-45F9-B9B3-E835157B47D4.jpeg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having similar issues, I just discovered that when I updated from premiere 2020 to 2021 the "use previews" and "use proxies" boxes were unchecked, it brought me back from all day renders for a 30 minute video with minimal cpu/ram usage back to minute for minute video renders! Try it and see if that fixes it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently updated my premiere and media encoder, and now it's taking like 30 min to export a 10 seconds clip (before it would export that in 1min) with almost no fx. Is this seriously? Not mentioning all the other issues I'm facing with the others softwares like photoshop and illustrator. I currently spent more time searching the web for solutions or trying to figure out on my own, than creating and working on my artwork. Adobe need to start commiting to they users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having similar issues, I just discovered that when I updated from premiere 2020 to 2021 the "use previews" and "use proxies" boxes were unchecked, it brought me back from all day renders for a 30 minute video with minimal cpu/ram usage back to minute for minute video renders! Try it and see if that fixes it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please don't post the same thing over and over. Posting your information once in a thread is sufficient. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines