• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere pro CC19 : Fails importing quicktime Prores Files from Blackmagic Video Assist 5" recorder

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

I've just updated Premiere Pro CC to the 2019 version, starting a fresh project, and trying to import footage from my Blackmagic Video Assist recorder.

But it fails with this message :

Capture d’écran 2018-10-16 à 09.48.07.png

The file was copied with Shotput Pro, and plays fine in CC2018 version, and in the finder. I've tried with other ProRes files from the recorder, and the problems remains the same. I tried with other Quicktime Prores files, generated with media encoder, and they play fine in CC2019.

I deleted Media Cache files and co. But the issue remains the same.

Is this may be related to a bad metadata in the BM QT file ?

Thanks for your help !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

The Blackmagic files should now be fixed in Premiere Pro 13.0.1 that was just released. Make sure to delete your Media Cache first, then launch and import files in 13.0.1.

Notable fixes in 13.0.1: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/fixed-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2018 Dec 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Do you have any time frame update ?

I have the same problem on windows After Efects CC 2019 (16.0.0) I am using Black Magic 5" video assist Pro Res HQ files , My" "Premier" and "media encoder" 2019 seems fine with the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I cannot provide a date for After Effects, other than soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fix should be in the After Effects 16.0.1 update that was posted last night.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 16.0.1 update is working well for me, many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear it. Thank you for verifying and replying to this so quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything seems to be working now. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome, thanks for the confirmation!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem with files from my hyperdeck on all my Premiere stations (3) since the upgrades.   It has put me at a standstill and I don't have the older version of encoder.  HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David, in the Creative Cloud app, look for Media Encoder, and click on the down arrow on the right hand side of the "Open" button - you should see an option for "Other Versions" that will let you install an older version of Media Encoder.

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  Hopefully they will get this fixed.  But until then this works.  Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much I have a project due tomorrow and I’d much rather continue with CC than to use a different program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reverting back to older versions has changed.

Not much left (note cs6 is installed so not appearing in the list).

manage other versions.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2018 Dec 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there, it seems like the Apple Prores export from windows10 is not compatible with Blackmagic Hyperdeck Studio, does anybody find the right settings to export there?

We only could export in Quicktime 10bit uncompressed in order to make it compatible with Hyperdeck.

We're using the last updates of Windows10, PremierePro and Hyperdeck Studio "firmware".

Regards,

8tvSistemas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines