Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC2018 unusable

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

recently Premiere Pro CC 2018 became unusable for me, as the whole software is lagging all over the place. Importing clips, adjusting them and even playback at 1/4 is a mess. Until ~three weeks ago I had zero problems with it but right now I cannot even edit simple videos. Other Adobe Software as After Effects or Lightroom are working flawless.

My specs:

AMD Ryzen 3 1200

Nvidia GeForce 1080 Mini

16GB RAM

240GB SSD + 5TB HDD

Windows 10

Here is what I tried so far without suceeding:

Downgrading to CC 2017                             --> Still the same problems with Premiere Pro

Disabling Accelerated Intel-h.264-encoding --> "

Trying different kinds of raw footage/sequence adjustments --> Issue seems to be unrelated to this

Wiping my system                                        --> Hours of downloading software again and Premiere still lagging

At this point, I'm using my Macbook Pro (Mid 2015) for editing, here Premiere Pro CC 2018 works as usual. However as it has weaker specs, it isn't a nice experience to work with it for bigger projects.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe, the only company who sees bugs as a feature and gets worse with each consecutive release, people need to get fired

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines