• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Crash on Export

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It refuses to render this edit that iv spent weeks on, It just crashes and crashes. I never had this problem before. My PC has well enough power for it to render it. Transitions aren't even that crazy, I redid it from scratch and still crashes during rendering. ThiS IS AN EVIL Application, its PURE EVIL! It has no regard for you, Mind of its own darkness. I would shoot it but I need my computer.

Mod note: Title changed to reflect actual issues.

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Export , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete the Media Cache and Media Cache files:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-clear-your-media-cache-in-30-seconds-in-premi...

If that doesn't work,try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn't work, try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.

If that doesn’t work, try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site. If NVIDIA, do a clean install of the latest Studio Driver (NOT the Game Driver)

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Also, please help us help you:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-what-information-should-i-provide-when-asking-a-ques...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ugh iv seen this response around I'll try rolling back stuff. YOU KNOW WHAT! This STARTED After I updated to the new Adobe premier version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOU KNOW WHAT! This STARTED After I updated to the new Adobe premier version.

By @default388ecnuuttyw

Since it started after you updated, delete the Media Cache and Media Cache files and/or resetting the Preferences is what solve issues like yours 9 out of 10 times. Worth trying iow! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't mind my grammer but im Mentally shot! If somebody has a work around please let me know. I switched to Software only encoding blah blah blah. Same problem it just takes LONGER for it to crash. In an evil way cause it gave you hope until it just DIES! I'm using RedGiant transitions and Sapphire, Heavy in this edit cause I was curious and decided to go in on em. Im about to put a couple rounds into my pc soon, not sure if i should use the .45 or the 9mm. Just quick painless for me and the pc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

We've all been there. Usually firearms are not required, most just toss the machine out of the window. Sorry, my friend. First things first, though. We need good solid info in order to get you to the promised land.

@default388ecnuuttyw wrote:

It refuses to render this edit that iv spent weeks on, It just crashes and crashes. 

I switched to Software only encoding — it just takes LONGER for it to crash. 

Can you post a screenshot of your error? Sometimes, at the timecode indicated by the Error dialog box, you can remove a problematic effect and then try again with the export. Hopefully, it works. If not, you can try some of the things I would normally suggest.

My PC has well enough power for it to render it. 

I'm using RedGiant transitions and Sapphire, Heavy in this edit...

Can you please post your precise computer specs CPU, GPU, RAM, Drive info (SSD, M.2, Spinning disks)? Please also give us some details on your workflow, like Sequence Settings, the footage you are using, the camera that you shot the footage with, etc.

If you have heavy duty GPU accelerated effects, and add on color grading, any scaling from 4K to HD, go for Hardware Encoding, and you do not have a top of the line GPU and well matched CPU, your H.264 exports are subject to failure as your GPU/CPU gets overloaded at some point and fails.

A solution for too many effects/not enough computer power is called smart rendering. Choose Sequence > Sequence Settings. Choose Edit Mode > Custom (scroll to top of list). Change Video Preview codec to ProRes 422. Now, render the entire timeline to a green bar. Note: if your GPU fails as you render your timeline, try rendering smaller sections of the Timeline until you complete that task. Then: Choose File > Export > Media but choose ProRes 422 instead of H.264. Click the "Using Previews" button (crucial) and then export. Your export will be 100% ProRes. It will be an extremely fast export as files are not being encoded, they are being copied. The pressure on your GPU has been relieved while rendering your Timeline, so exports are no problem. With this ProRes master, you can run that through Media Encoder once more and set the export to H.264, if you need it. Did it work? It should have. The resulting file will probably be massive, but you can delete it after you have your H.264 export(s). Also note that your video preview files are also taking a lot of storage, so after export, you should delete those too. Of course, you'll need a lot of drive space as the caveat of this workflow - however, the good news is that this is only a temporary situation, you can delete these ProRes files after output with no worries.

Hope this advice helps you. Please return with questions.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines