• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Crash When Nesting Audio

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure why this is happening but everytime I try to nest an audio clip it freezes the application and then crashes...

When I start a new project it seems to work fine but hits a certain point... and no longer allows me to nest anything without crashing? Something seems to have been corrupted somewhere but I'm having a difficult time finding out what or where the corruption is, I've tried a bunch of things that I've listed at the bottom but nothing seems to help... I'm lost.

This has only been happening since 14.8 or so... no update since has fixed this problem. On that subject when I install version 15.2 dragging clips around becomes invisible, meaning I can't see where the file is being dragged to... plus snapping to a clip no longer works even though it's enabled?

I've tried deleting all cache files and reinstalling Premiere Pro but nothing seems to fix the issue... also noticed that Adobe Creative Cloud keeps forcing an update from 14.8 to 15.0? Super creepy...

Things I've tried:

- Deleted Cache Files

- Reinstalled old version... still nope

- Installed new version (15.2)... caused more problems?

- Opening an already nested sequence and adding the files to that nest... caused crash

- Saving the audio into a new Sequence with the same Sequence settings... caused crash

- Saving as a new project, copying the entire project to the new one and try nest... nope crash

TOPICS
Audio , Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Hi MADagain,

Sorry for this issue. I can confirm the bug. It is being fixed. Hopefully, it will surface in Premiere Pro Beta shortly. You can upvote the bug on User Voice, for sure.

For now, you can workaround the issue by avoiding nests (let us know if you need any specific workarounds), removing nested audio for current sequences, or by using an earlier version of Premiere Pro for any new projects.

Sorry again.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Sorry for the trouble. We're aware of a similar issue where nested audio is creating this problem. Can you try replacing nested audio with individual clips?

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that temporarily alleviates the issue, however it defeats the purpose of using nested audio when editing different takes together or even chopping up a single take to remove each breath in the VO. Without any REAL solution I can't see why I'm even paying for the software when all it does is crash on me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MADagain,

Sorry for this issue. I can confirm the bug. It is being fixed. Hopefully, it will surface in Premiere Pro Beta shortly. You can upvote the bug on User Voice, for sure.

For now, you can workaround the issue by avoiding nests (let us know if you need any specific workarounds), removing nested audio for current sequences, or by using an earlier version of Premiere Pro for any new projects.

Sorry again.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please link to the appropriate User Voice thread. Just so you know, the problem persists even now. Trying to archive a project, but an edited  Nested Sequence with an audio track inside keeps crashing my edit. If I remove the audio it works fine, but means I have to re-edit the whole thing outside the nest in order to archive it. I'm not going to do that of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin, help solve the problem with NEST AUDIO. This damn problem has been hanging as unresolved for a long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry. I don't have an appropriate User Voice as the issue has already been solved for most people. Can you create a bug report so that you and others can upvote? With this bug, I can help you advocate for an appropriate fix.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin, I'm like ok. It looks like it was a one-off earlier and hasn't been checked since. Everything should be good with NEST AUDIO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's still an issue. I tried to nest audio on a project I'm working on and the video would freeze/lag every time I tried to cut something. Then after 10 minutes, Premiere would crash on me. I had to copy and paste the audio into a separate sequence and then delete the nest. Just wanted to give a heads up for anyone else who is trying to nest audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same problem persists throughout the latest Premiere pro updates. You have a problem with NEST audio, and I have the same problem with NEST video. When dragging the video on the timeline, you can't see where the segment is placed, it is difficult to mount it. The icons in the effects hang and don't work, the program just becomes. WHAT IS VERY INTERESTING, WHEN YOU DELETE ATTACHMENTS, EVERYTHING WORKS FINE. BUT, WITHOUT NEST in modern installation, NOWHERE. DEVELOPERS, URGENTLY DEAL WITH THIS PROBLEM, OTHERS WILL WAIT. THIS ERROR OCCURS OVER THE LAST THREE UPDATES AND NOTHING IS RESOLVED. WHAT SHOULD I DO, PLEASE ANSWER????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope Kevin was able to help you. Please download the beta version soon or use an earlier version of PPro.

Also, please keep communication courteous. We're here to help. All caps is kinda rude.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to Kevin, they heard me and fixed the problem with Nest. I have repeatedly written to software developers about this problem. They read and do not correct anything. And this is a vital function for creating scenes. Kevin brought the information to the developers and everything happened. Special thanks to Kevin. Kevin, if you can hear me, answer with a smiley face.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates on this?  This is a huge inconvenience for my workflow.  I've been forced to use an earlier version of 14.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest version of Nest in Premier Pro has been fixed and is working. I use it myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It still crashes mine and it's Version 22.0.0 (Build 169).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Special attention should be paid to plugins and scripts, as well as third-party texts that you install in the Premier application. I noticed that I have problems with freezing and today I faced an export problem. I have not yet identified a third-party font delivered today. After deleting it, I managed to visualize the project in a video. Pay attention to what you bet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'll check it out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even after the Remote Interversion from Adobe technicians team, well it has worked for a while. Now is gone absolutely crazy and it also interfere with workspace. I use the latest version too, with latest studio driver for my RTX3070.

At the moment I only found a solution which is:

1. Make the project without audio file

2. Export and render

3. Close the application without saving the Project

4. Open again Premiere Pro, take the rendered file and add the audio track

5. Export and render again.

Fortunately I got a generous discount by reporting these issues but it's very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug still persists in the latest version.  It's less frequent than in previous versions, but it's still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, there are a lot of audio issues.  I thought it was my soundcard and asio settings, but then I figured out that this happens when audio comes from AE of when audio is nested. 

Solve this, please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still encountering this in latest version v22.  Fix that works for me is to:

1.) Open the nested clip

2.) Cut the entirety of it.

3.) Open sequence with nested clip. (shouldn't freeze now)

4.) Disable the nested clip.

5.) Reopen the nested clip.

6.) Paste back the nested clips contents.

This allows me to go to the sequence without it freezing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines