Hi there, hoping to get some pointers on how to trubleshoot and hopefully avoid Premiere Pro from crashing when Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration is ON.
Reatively new to Premiere Pro and have been using Mercury Playback Engine Software only as a quick fix when Pro initially crashed, however rendering is taking excesively long with the 'Software only' option (already cleared cache, updated Bios and GPU driver, allocated most memory to Premiere Pro etc).
Hi, I've been having the same issue for awhile now and want to know if our issues are similar. When you render with the Software Only option, does it come out messy? My program crashes when I use the GPU Acceleration option so I tried rendering with Software Only and was happy that it actualy finished but turned out colors were wonky and framerate issues existed.
No issues with the output quality when rendering with Software Only, it just takes too much time, a simple 5 minute source video could take 2 hours to render. I am working on the basis of 1920x1080p 25fps . MOV as source file (from camera), and getting H.264/mp4 as output after adding some basic editing, graphic elements etc, basic stuff only...for quick/small draft files I would chose Mobile 480p preset, but for the final file I have used Vimeo 1080p HD preset. No issues with quality at this stage.