• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro crashes when attempting to play or render my credit rolls in all my documentary films

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have about a dozen full-length documentary films on the air war in WWII that I have produced in Premiere Pro from 2004 to the present.  When I open a project to update new content, everything renders fine until it gets to the credit rolls at the end of the film.  Premiere Pro crashes.  When I open the project, I do not select updating to essential graphics.  I want to keep my graphics exactly as they are.  What could be causing this? 

I have never had an issue with this problem until Adobe added the essential graphics feature. 

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How were the rolls created? Essentially, what are they ... perhaps legacy titles?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They were all created in Primiere Pro as a credit roll at the end of the films. More recent films I used legacy titles to keep from having to use the new essential graphics.  Vernon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So all done via the old Titler panel.

That might be problematic now, unfortunately.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 'Titler' has been listed as 'legacy' for a couple of years now and about to go away. But it's not that adding 

'Essential Graphics' has caused any issue with Titler but that it's no longer updated. In the future you won't have a choice to continue using Titler unless you maintain older versions of Premiere Pro. There are still a few holdouts using Titler where I work, mainly bacause Essential Graphics has (or had) significant problems with interlaced rolls and the only way to get them to render with fields was in Titler.

If you are opening older projects and they are not working in Premiere '22 - open them in Premiere '21 (or even an earlier version if you have one installed). You may have better luck with your rolls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for responding.  I am guessing I either need to transition to Avid or some other platform for my 20+ years of projects or abandon the legacy titler in favor of the new titler feature.  The problem is that now I am trying to update and package these documentaries for a season 1 broadcast of thirteen documentary films, but I will always need to replace WWII footage as it becomes available, make adjustments and updates, and adjust things like the credits, etc.  I have always been able to solve problems in Premiere Pro as they cropped up, like losing the direct export to DVD, etc.  But the loss of the legacy titler may be a deal breaker.  I produced the first film in this series in 2004, using limited DVD distribution while trying to build a compelling list of films that would eventually be packaged in series for broadcast.  So I'm going back to a number of the early films to standardize the graphics, access that combat air footage, etc.  This problem has stopped me in my tracks.  Based on your replies, I am going to try to use essential graphics and build new credit rolls for all these films and wean myself away from the legacy titler.  It may create more difficult problems and delays if I try to migrate to another platform with all these documentaries. Thanks again.

Vernon

Old Segundo Productions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Trying to go to another platform, you'd lose a lot more than just the graphics/rolls. EDL, XML and such processes are pretty simplistic and take a ton of practice to learn how to do the conforms the best way in both apps.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines