Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro crashes when audio output is changed

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2022 Jul 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

This is a consistent problem for months now. I always send feedback when this crash happens and it seems like Adobe is doing nothing about it.

Whenever I'm in a project and I change the audio output on Windows, Premiere just crashes. This did not happen in last years's version. It's very very frustrating. Now I have to ALWAYS close premiere before changing output on Windows.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't reproduce that on either my PC desktop or laptop.

What is your hardware, and what audio sources are you changing?

And do you have an actual sound card? Sometimes they have extry "helpers" they install that cause fits with Premiere.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using an Acer Nitro 5 (AMD Ryzen 5 5800H 8-core CPU, 32GB RAM, RTX 3060 6GB)

I'm switching to and from the headphones of the laptop to a USB speaker. Sometimes it won't crash but when I preview the timeline, the audio plays but the video won't. Basically, whenever I switch audio outputs, it either crashes or become unusable, thus me resorting to restarting the project/application.

I'm 90% sure it's not the hardware 'cause this also happens on my desktop PC. I've already tried reinstalling Premiere. This laptop that I use is fairly new so when I freshly installed Premiere on it, the same problem I had on the desktop also happened on this laptop. 

Thanks for responding btw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes setting the 'default input' to none helps with audio hardware problems. Is that the setting you're using?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's working OK here also.

Win11 21H2, PP 22.5

Look also for other 'extra's' as Neil mentioned. Like HUD software, fan control software, anything that might be running specific to your setup / machine, that the vast majority of users might not have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same as Neil, I switch audio hardware all the time and not a single crash. (Windows 10)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe something like this also. I use one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015E5UI8Y?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this exact same problem. It never happened before and it shouldn't now. I can't get any audio out of Premiere Pro at all, through settings or through the menu in-app. I have a video that I just want to overlay music onto but I can't do that when I can't HEAR IT.

Happened for a few weeks straight now, and I have sent over ten reports. Adobe please fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, we can't suggest a fix for something we have no clue about. Basic Troubleshooting 101.

So for the devs ... what is your OS/CPU/RAM/GPU, as it's an audio thing do you have a full sound card or system audio, and what's your audio hardware prefs set to, for starters.

Give that detail, and someone can start asking the questions to get you past this. And working.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My operating system is windows. Im not sure about the other stuff (I don't really know a lot about computers) but I'm on a surface pro 7. I can't check my audio hardware because - it crashes when I try to open it. I do not have sound system, its just the speakers on my audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got it to work by resetting my hardware settings. There was some tutorial on how to do it but I can't remember. Ig if it works it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines