• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro crashes when importing AE comps

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDIT: Found a work around using the Media Browser after posting this and finding someone with the identical problem. (I swear I searched and that post didn't come up) 

Greetings. 

Premiere Pro v14.0

After Effects 17.1.0 (Build 72)

Windows 10 Home

Intel(R) Core i7-8750H

32 GB Ram

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 

So, suddenly I am unable to import AE comps into Premiere Pro. I have tried both importing from the file menu, and dragging the file into the project with the same results. The Import File dialog appears with the progress bar and after a brief moment the window grays out and the program crashes. I am able to import video files and stills into Premiere without issue, so the problem seems to only be with importing Comps. I've uninstalled and reinstalled both programs and double checked my firewall settings to make sure that it's not an issue with connecting to the dynamic link server, but evern with the firewall off it continues to crashe. I'm currently getting around the issue by exporting avi from AE and importing those into Premiere, but I'd really like to have the ability to import the dynamically linked projects. Any Ideas? Please? Help! 

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think Pr-14.0 and Ae-17.1 are a "matched set" ... did the Ae version get updated after working with it for a while? And any particular reason you're still on 14.0 Pr?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, that was a typo. I'm actually on 14.2 in Pr. I still don't know why I can't just straight import, but using the media browser method does work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I'm having the same problem. I've upgraded both Pr and Ae to the latest version as of november 4th 2021.

After opening a Pr project that I made a few months ago, with the prior version, it isn't able to load a few Ae comps that are a part of the project. When I chose to locate them mannualy, it freezes up forever. I have to force quit.

Screenshot 2021-11-04 at 15.38.22.png

These are my machine stats:

Screenshot 2021-11-04 at 15.53.43.png

Does anyone else is experiencing the same?

Thank you, 

Fernando

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try opening your Ae projects in Ae first, then locating them in Pr. Leave Ae open to see if proper re-linking occurs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines