• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Premiere Pro Crashes when pressing file button

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so here is the problem:
Premier works fine, I can import, edit and play videos. I can even export videos. I can do everything, but whenever I edit or import anything in the timeline and click 'File' on the top bar, it freezes the entire software and crashes.

This also happens if I don't even try to edit or add anything to the sequence and press 'Edit' and 'Preferences'
This has made it difficult e for me to get my work done.  

I have tried:
Updating to the latest version of Premier Pro
Uninstalling and Reinstalling Premier Pro with reset preferences
Checking my Graphics Drivers and Windows 10 version is up to date.

The only temporary workaround I have worked out is pressing Ctrl_M and Ctrl_S for saving and exporting my work BUT I would prefer to not have this problem. it isn't great having the risk of falling to habit and losing work by pressing 'File' or having half the functions of Premier unusable because I can't access that particular menu. I can't even edit Premieres settings.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its doing this in new projects and old. New projects still have the exact same problem

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Also something else I noticed is that Windows freezes up during the bug as well until I Ctrl+Alt+Delete the task manager tab to shut down the software

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the Cleaner Tool.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

I have the exact same problem OP does, and ran the cleaner tool, however that didn't fix the issue.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines