• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Crashes when using Portuguese Subtitles / Transcription (M1 Macbook Pro, 13-inch)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I'm on a rush with some projects and the transcription used to work just fine but know I don't know why, whenever I use the transcription (Portuguese) and generate the captions for my project, it crashes after 30 seconds or so, usually when editing the captions, using bold letters, changing colors, etc.

However the major boomer is that it crashes in a way that I lose the project permanently, so right now my workaround was to export all my work-in-progress before generating the captions and pray so PP doesn't crash when I decide to put the subtitles.

Can you guys help me please?

HW: M1 MacBook Pro, 13 inch, 8GB. At least 250GB free disk space.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

I may have found the solution.

I don't think it's RAM related, the machine has been pretty snappy all across the board with the Creative Cloud apps I use (PS, LR, PP).
The video files are Sony's a6400 4k 100MBps at 30 fps or 24 fps.

I was using version 22.2 (2022) and decided to uninstall and downgrade to 15.4.1 (2021, also M1 enabled). So far, it seems to have solved the problem, but I do feel 22.2 was a little bit faster transcribing the sequence tho.

Maybe we will get a fix in some time? So far,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds weird, helioarri. It may have something to do with your machine only having 8 GB RAM. Is this a 4K sequence? May we have more info on the source media and sequence settings? Thanks for letting us know.

Hope to help!
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may have found the solution.

I don't think it's RAM related, the machine has been pretty snappy all across the board with the Creative Cloud apps I use (PS, LR, PP).
The video files are Sony's a6400 4k 100MBps at 30 fps or 24 fps.

I was using version 22.2 (2022) and decided to uninstall and downgrade to 15.4.1 (2021, also M1 enabled). So far, it seems to have solved the problem, but I do feel 22.2 was a little bit faster transcribing the sequence tho.

Maybe we will get a fix in some time? So far, everything good with 15.4.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi helloarri,

Yes, others have said that 15.4 is more performant with 10-bit 4K 4:2:0 files. Super sorry about that! Engineering indicates that the issue is resolved in the Beta. Can you test it out there? I hope it works so that we can look forward to better performance in an upcoming version. Let me know if you have time to test it out.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll take some time tonight to test the beta with some 4K footage from the same camera and will come back with the results.

Thanks for taking the time to reply me, Kevin. Have a nice week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, tested the beta and unfortunately had the same problem. SS attached below.

Whenever I begin to set the closed captions, change colors, bold, positioning, etc -> crash.

I can't tell exactly what it is, but this time happened when I tried to save and copy the caption style to all captions generated.

Gonna still use the 15.4.1 for a while. Let me know if I can help somehow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

helioarri,

Thanks for trying it out and reporting back. That is disappointing. I think the team is looking for specific examples of footage and project files showing such errors. It would be great if you could PM me a link that I could share with them with a basic project and media (1 clip is OK). I hope I can assist.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aloha, 

Just wanted to circle back on this to see if a solution has been found.  I can edit captions but as soon as I playback or export, Adobe crashes.  

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Tay!

I haven't used the latest version of PP with transcriptions yet, but the version 15.x was working flawlessly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines