Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Premiere Pro Crashing consistently on M1 Max

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone, 

I just recieved my new 14 inch M1 Max (32gb RAM) and I'm having a lot of issues with 2022 Premiere Pro crashes. I'm no expert in the software but essentially PP just freezes and becomes unable to scrub through clips/locate media. Can anyone give me some help? I imagine I haven't set something up properly. 

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SDD,

Sorry for this negative experience. As I understand it, you're getting poor performance in the M1 Mac. I would probably need to ask you about details around the footage you are using, the Sequence Setting you are operating with, and the effects and workflows you have applied to your clips. Please be as specific as you can so the community can make the best possible suggestions for you. Hope we can get you some assistance.

Thanks!

Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SAME... got my 16inch M1 Max today. After setting everything up, threw THREE 6k BMPCC Raw clips in. Color graded and added a single music track to test. Had an after effects comp in there and now it keeps giving me the rainbow spinner, lags out, closes. When I reopen, the after effects comp isnt linked anymore and it wont let me link it. Every time I try to link it back, it hangs and crashes again. NOT what I was hoping for with all the hype behind this machine....

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines