• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Crashing for morph Cuts

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its 2024 !! and Premiere pro is still crashing when morph cuts is used!! I am not even able to delete the morph transition, when I open the recovered file, it keeps crashing each time I open the prject file!

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Apr 26, 2024 Apr 26, 2024

Hello @vishals2588 ,

Thanks for checking back. Could you please share a sample project for reproducing the issue at our end: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/share.html
Please share the system configuration now that you're facing this issue as well.This is the fix for Mac Intel related configuration.

Thanks,

MaanviG

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's crashing on opening the project,  that project has corruption in it.

Create a new project. In MediaBrowser select the previous project, and Import the assets of that project. If would import the sequences one at a time, as a corrupt sequence might be the issue here.

Remember both project files and sequences are only metadata files ... data about data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Zero crashes until I tried morph cut. I dont believe the project is corrupt. its morph cut that is causing the issue. I'm trying to put on a nested clip. the nest is 4k footage. but I have the proxy button on

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!. I tried this, but it still kept crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tried what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, the first two replies were meant for R Neil Hayden. But for some weird reason, each time I reply to his message, it drops on yours. 
in any case I installed the 2023 premiere pro back again, and the morph cuts works without any crashes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i tried beta just like you and got a crash too. so i installed premiere 2023 just like you said. testing it out now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yup, same thing here. morph cut doesnt crash my premiere 2023. clearly a bug in 2024 version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I've seen something about that it another thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have got the same issues: In the Beta version and in the normal version. What to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just curious are you using 4k footage with proxies like me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Just HD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the 2023 version of Premiere pro back again. and it doesn't crash anymore. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a fix!

I'm not sure if this is applicable to your case, but after months of frustration and searching, and endless amounts of crashed projects and soft-locked projects, I found a workaround.

My issue was applying morph cuts in 60fps projects. HOWEVER, it didn't crash in 24fps projects. So, to add a morph cut, I would change it to 24fps, add the morph, wait for it to analyse, change it back to 60, and it'd be fine!

I hope this works for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i personally havent tested this out but I have to applaud your efforts and creativity

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2024 Apr 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this. do you mean, change the frame of the sequence? If so, I tried, and it still crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @vishals2588 ,

This issue has been fixed in Beta, could you please try it out with the latest Beta?

Thanks,

Maanvig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, tried it out and it still crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @vishals2588 ,

Thanks for checking back. Could you please share a sample project for reproducing the issue at our end: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/share.html
Please share the system configuration now that you're facing this issue as well.This is the fix for Mac Intel related configuration.

Thanks,

MaanviG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the latest Beta-version it works very well for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines