• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro crashing on brand new MacBook Pro!

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I just bought a new Macbook Pro 2021 (M1 Pro chip, 16GB, Monterey) to edit a time sensitive video on Premiere Pro (version 22.1.2), and after the second day of using it, it started crashing. I keep getting the same message: Input contractor violation. I've cleared my cache. I tried switching off GPU acceleration as mentioned in another forum, but I cannot edit my renderer options (see screenshot). I am trying to divide my project into 3 or 4 projects to test whether that eases the load on the software. I am working on different kinds of footage, mostly BRAW 6K videos and other mp4 lower res videos. It is too late to create proxies as I have already made a lot of edits.

I am desperate for a solution. I bought a new computer in hopes of having a smooth editing experience and it just gets worse for me. 

Thanks very much in advance!!

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if there is a correlation, but I noticed that when editing frames with particular effects, Premiere crashes...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Candida,

Sorry! Looks to be a conflict with a third-party plug-in. Can you remove any plug-ins temporarily to troubleshoot the issue? Please let us know if you need help doing that.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Candida,

Sorry! Looks to be a conflict with a third-party plug-in. Can you remove any plug-ins temporarily to troubleshoot the issue? Please let us know if you need help doing that.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

It looks like this problem : https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/input-contract-violation/td-p/8896296

Do you have Neat Video plugin ? 

You can also try to launch Premiere Pro in Rosetta Mode maybe ?

Best,

Nicolas from Autokroma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think 22.1.2 is the buggiest Premiere version i can remember. Try downgrading to 22.0, for me - on a completely different system, windows 10, PC etc. - v22.0 works perfectly, 22.1.2 crashes every 20min, bogs the entire OS to a halt and so forth. Here was my post about the problems.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/22-1-2-unusable-freezes-windows/td-p/1273463...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear onomatomat,

I am so sorry for your experience on your Windows machine, and thanks for the comment. While it seems like you and the OP might have the same issue, I think your problem is probably different with the OP having trouble with what looks to be a third-party plug-in issue on their Mac M1.

We can troubleshoot your specific issue over on your post.

Thank You,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines