• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Crashing when trying to export

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope someone can help me here. I downloaded the Premiere Pro 2019 update about a week ago and this is the first time trying to export since then. Not sure if that is related but thought it might be good info.

Here's what's happening: I can open Premiere Pro just fine, all editing functions seem to be fine but when I go to export media, I get a spinning circle for about 30 secs to 1 minute after clicking 'export media' and then the App just shuts down on my computer. I do not get any error codes or windows.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the PP 2019 update. I have uninstalled and tried to use Premiere Pro 2018, where the exact same thing happens when trying to export media, I have tried multiple different ways to export media (Menu Bar, Right Click on Sequence, Shortcut Keys) and they all result in the same thing. I have shut my computer on and off multiple times. I have made sure my Graphics card is up to date. Anyone that can give me an idea of what to do to fix this??

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More information needed for someone to help... please click below and provide the requested information

-Troubleshooting https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2261475

-Premiere Pro Video Editing Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/message/4200840

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to be happening on both Premiere Pro 2019 (most recent version) & 2018. Do not have exact version numbers as I cannot access them at the moment

Recent updates have been installed. I also tried to uninstall and reinstall updates as I suspect that is when the problems started happening.

Windows 10 v.1903

Getting no error messages when App shuts down.

I was trying to export media when the crash happened.

Source footage: Just jpgs (7 total), no moving video at all.

Yes, I have used this same media type before with no problems

Did you update your project from one major version of Premiere Pro to the next, and then saw problems in the project?

No I was currently having problems. Then I uninstalled PP 2019 and used PP 2018 to re-create the video. Still did not export. So then I re-installed PP2019 and converted project over to newer version, same problem, still would not export.

Do not have all the details in front of me for my computer hardware, but I do know that I have run much crazier and large edit intensive projects without a problem. Absolutely nothing has changed on my computer from when the program was working until now.

I am using 'Mercury Playback Engine Software Only', and have been since I first started using Adobe on this computer a couple years ago.

No other software running, except for maybe a third party antivirus. I did also try to disable this and eport media again to see if it was causing any problems. Did not fix it.

No third party effects or codecs installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What it the media being used and any effects on the sequence you're trying to export?

And can you create a new project, drop one clip on, and export without trouble?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Media being used is actually just 7 JPEG Photos. This was supposed to be a real quick and short video slideshow of sorts for Instagram. Total video length was approx. 10 ish seconds. No Audio. Some Crossfade transitions and 1 wipe transition. No color, titles, or additional effects on anything.

I did try just putting two of the photos side by side on a completely new project and exporting it and the same thing happened upon trying, Premiere Pro just shut down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have space on the destination drive to export the footage? How much space is left?

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 868 GB of free space on the drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try exporting to a different drive?

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Export Window wont even pop up for me to choose the save destination. I did re save the project to my external drive just now which has almost 2 TB of space on it, and then tried 'export media' again but the same problem. Export window not popping up, Premiere Pro shuts down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How large are those JPEGs in terms of frame size?

What are the specs of your computer? OS/RAM/GPU/DRIVES

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thing to try is to close Premiere Pro up and open Media Encoder. Navigate to the project file and export directly from there.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so, the photos were fairly large in terms of size, long edge ranging from 4200 - 5983, file sizes approx. 20MB each. I went in and re-sized all my photos through Lightroom, to 1900 long edge and closer to 2 MB each, re imported and re placed all the previous photos and had the same issue.

Also, as a test, I opened a video project I made a couple months ago with PP 2018. It converted the project to PP 2019 and when I hit export media, it worked just fine and the export window popped up.

I also tried to use Media Encoder. I opened it and tried to export through there and oddly enough Media Encoder shut itself down as well.

OS - Windows 10

RAM - 12 GB

GPU - NVIDIA GEFORCE 940m (up to date)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue - except for the fact that it worked just fine for me earlier (exact same project, too - NOTHING has changed). No error logs, nothing - and again, literally nothing has been changed from earlier in the day in Premiere.

As soon as I click Export Media (or hit CTRL + M), I just get a spinning circle and it crashes. It's infuriating, and about the millionth problem I've had in the past couple years.

Adobe: Please update with some kind of workaround - or better yet - program an application that works. If Apple can do it, you can, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever fix this problem? I am having it now and it is driving me crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using the current version and having troubles with H.264 exports, it's a different issue than this thread.

In the current release they made major changes to the ability for the hardware to choose multiple processes to do H.264 encodes, and for some machines this bonks.

If so ... go to your Preferences/Media tab, and un-check "Enable hardware accelerated ..."

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I was having all of the above issues stated by OP and then some in media encoder too. ( versions 22.64 AND 23.2) After a collective 7 hours I final managed to export my measly 1 picture and 5 minute song project into a video by setting the folder that stored my project files into media encoders 'Watch Folders' list, which then automatically exported them in the default settings. My conclusion is that Adobe premiere pro is garbage and jank but it's better than the freemium software you see around.

Hope this helps anyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That sounds like either you had a folder that Pr didn't have 'legal' permissions to write into, or you didn't have adequate space on the drive (Pr needs 4-5 times the eventual file size clear while exporting), or you had an odd character (non-alpha or "special" charcter) in the file tree somewhere, or some general permissions issue.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines