• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Crashing When trying to Playback

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Ive run into an issue where when I try to playback a certain sequence in Premiere, the program crashes. Serious error yada yada yada. It seems to only effect this certain sequence. 

I created a new project and imported the sequence. Loaded up fine but still same issue in a new project. Crash when trying to playback. This leads me to believe it could be an element/effect in this sequence..

Other projects files dont seem to be effected. Truly at a loss. Never had an issue I couldn't resolve in over a decade of this work. 

Any guidance would be much appreciated. 

Some info. 

Premiere Pro 2021 15.4.1

Using proxies / toggle proxies

Using Essential Sound Effects

Ive tried everything I can think of. Uninstalled / Reinstalled. Trashed my cache. Cleared preferences. I was able to use Project Manager to transcode the clips to PRORES and still the sequence shuts down the program. 

Any assistance would be much appreciated. 

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attached is the crash report. Any help would be appreciated. I really dont want to reedit this. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Larsy,

Sorry. I am not sure, but it looks audio related. Does it crash in the same place every time? You might try removing any audio effects at that point in time. Another thing you might try is to copy/paste the material into a new sequence. Your current one might be corrupt, I am thinking. Anyway, try that, and report back.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Kevin. I have tried that. I tried it in the original project and created a new one. Same thing. Hit play...crash. Crashes when scrubbing sometimes as well. 

Proxies dont seem to be connecting even when they say they are enabled.

I will say the issue started after I had opened an older version of After Effects...created a motion design...exported as Animation file and drug it onto the timeline in Premiere Pro. From that point on the issue has been persistant. This happened to me about a month ago under similar cirucmstances. Grasping at straws right now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies, Larsy. Avoid the Animation codec. It is no longer supported. Sorry that AE exported something that caused you so much grief. Working on advocating for change in that regard in the future. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well whatever the cause was I figured out a solution with a bit of help. 

I just had to copy the contents of the unusable sequence into a new sequence and remove all attributes from everything. I resisted this from the beginning becuase my project is large and has a lot of speed ramps and audio effects. 

But its working like a charm again and Im just glad I dont have to reedit the entire project. Do I feel dumb? Ya I do. 

Thanks for the tip Kevin. What codec would you recomend then for elements with alpha channels? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines