• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro crashing Windows 10 Pro V 21H2

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today is day 10 of Adobe products crashing my PC. I have it bench tested twice and the hardware is fine. The computer is less than a year old.  After the auto update to Premiere V22.6 the hell started...non-stop crashes. Completely wiped C drive and reinstalled windows 10 pro V 21H2 after an unsuccessful attempt at installing V22.5 and rolling back NVidia driver...Many calls to adobe tech support...they insisted Premiere 23 would fix the crashes., we stripped the C drive again even used Adobe Cleaner tool and now CLOCK_WATCHDOG_timeout. I was in Premiere adding color correction to a clip. Unacceptable...I am on deadline...can someone tell me what version of Windows 10 Pro works with Premiere 23? and will  top the endless crashes. Windows 10 Pro, Intel 11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.50 GHZ. NVidia GeForce RTX- 3080ti, Samsung 1TB SSD 980 and an external 8TB drive. I put all media on my C drive (as instructed) and was using that workflow and STILL crashing. I can send event log...what ever it takes to get this working again. 

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

open full access to files and folders using Adobe as an administrator on Win 10 in the following locations:
C:\Program Files\Adobe;
C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe;
C:\ProgramData\Adobe;
C:\Users\mrdan\AppData\Roaming\Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, Can you guide me a bit more on how to do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I navigated to the first folder, selected properties, Administrator has full control already in the first folder, I selected  all users, hit apply as it was updating security the computer crashed. Anymore ideas? I can't even get past the first folder. This is maddening. I need a working system . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> can someone tell me what version of Windows 10 Pro works with Premiere 23

Most Win10 versions seem to work. I have few crashes on any of the recent PR versions.

Win 10 Pro 21H1 19043.2130
i7 11700K, 32GB RAM, RTX 3070.

A frequent problem is the video driver; I am running Studio Driver 516.59

@Kevin-Monahan 

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For my GeForce RTX 3080 Ti I am running the current studio driver. 522.30. Is that correct or do I need to roll back to an older driver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try rolling back the driver.  If you do, choose a Clean Installation from the Custom choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines