Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Crashing

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

I've been having issues with Premiere recently. It keeps crashing whenever I hover or drag certain clips. There's no "not responding" heads up or anything like that, the whole app just crashes.  Even when I don't hover over those clips, it crashes whenever I try to export it, but it doesn't crash when I remove the clip from the timeline and export. Does this happen to anyone else, and if so, is there a remedy? I feel like I've tried everything but nothing seems to work. I use a Windows 10, with an up-to-date RTX 2070 Nividia graphics card.

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Export , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We'll need more than that to help you.  I have had it where PPro will just vanish disapear leaving no signs of a crash of any sort and it ended up being high resolution PNG files of 300 pixels per inch.  I've had what you are talking about when i was using a custom workspace using badly formated h264 files and so forth.  Without knowing your CODEC or your workflow and what your timeline has i would start by restarting PPro and before opening a project simply delete ALL media cache not just unused and load your project.  

But again without knowing your workflow, system setup codec etc its hard to pinpoint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! Thank you for this. Your reply alone gives me hope that this problem can be solved. With regards to workflow, what would be the best way for me to explain it? I do use some Magic Bullet Suite plugins but I've already updated them and it never used to be a problem.

My computer hardware specs are as follows:

CPU: Intel Core i7-9750H
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6
RAM: 32GB DDR4 2666MHz

1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe M.2 SSD
1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD
Windows 10 Home 64 Bit

I've tried deleting media cache but the same problem still arises. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the details. What's the source of the media files? Do you get crash reports? https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-where-do-i-find-premiere-pro-crash-logs-...

Let us know how it goes.

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kartika!

I've tried pasting the crash report but the reply keeps getting deleted. I've pasted it on a Google Docs document. You will be able to view it here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gTyuSZ75XR1ftDpvnIVYgj7sbuIiA3TmuLGv620UtOo/edit?usp=sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which graphics driver number?

Is it a Studio Driver, not a Game Driver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Thank you for your reply. I've attached a picture. I had a game driver installed but just downloaded the studio driver. Would it greatly impact performance? I play games as well and have not had an issue editing 4K files and gaming this whole time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro is known to have issues with some Game Drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just installed the latest studio driver but the same issue is still happening, even with proxies. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi D,

Sorry. Do you have an audio effect, like "Low Pass" working on your clip? You might try removing that and checking the results.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Kevin! 

I did have a Parametric Equalizer on some audio files but the issue still persists even after removing them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines