Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Creating Weird Zero KB TextEdit files

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2019 Mar 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

In the past week, I've noticed anytime I create a new Premiere Pro project or open an existing project it makes odd files (containing numbers and letters eg. 478d7f12-2c9b-4ad5-a3dc-20f0d40c63c3) in the same folder as the .prproj file.

The files are saying they are zero bytes and don't contain any data. They also stay there after closing the project and accumulate the longer I use the project.

Screen Shot 2019-03-31 at 3.06.40 pm.png

I am also having issues seeing my audio waveforms in any project I create. The only way to see audio waveform is to zoom in.  Could these issues be related?

I was running Premiere Pro 2018 (v12.1.2) and have updated to Premiere Pro 2019 (v13.0.3) but the issue hasn't changed.

Please help!

Thank-you,

Kasey

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

These files are created by the Mac OS when the project file is saved to a remote drive when the user does not have full read/write/execute/delete permissions for the location. These files are usually created and deleted without the user ever knowing. However, because the user does not have full permissions, the file is created but not deleted and is left behind to become worrisome to the user and visually distracting. Giving the user full 777 ACLs to the destination folder will resolve this prob

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you helps solve this issue? We are experiencing the same TextEdit files being generated whenever we open a project. We have several editors working from a central server and they are all experiencing this issue. Any ideas how to stop them from being created?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone!

We are also curious to know if this issue has been resolved or not.  I've scoured the internet and my team has dug through every setting imaginable (which shouldn't even be necessary since our systems pretty much run at default) and have yet to find a solution.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having this issue when working from my work server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All! 

I opened a case with Enterprise Support and I reeived a response today that they will try to get it assigned to the dev team for an upcoming release, but are not sure of the timeframe.  I realize this is vague, but at least it's an acknowledgement that Adobe is aware of the issue.  I will post updates here as I receive them.

I clicked on one of the files created during testing.  It generates a text log file:

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

Deleting expired sessions...1 completed.

My thinking is that these are benign, although annoying, but if anyone has more insight in to the role of these files, please let me know.  Thanks!

Cheers!  

Ginny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're still seeing this issue.  Unfortunately, we can't follow the troubleshooting steps the Adobe tech suggested through our support case because we are all working remotely.  I hope everyone is safe and well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These files are created by the Mac OS when the project file is saved to a remote drive when the user does not have full read/write/execute/delete permissions for the location. These files are usually created and deleted without the user ever knowing. However, because the user does not have full permissions, the file is created but not deleted and is left behind to become worrisome to the user and visually distracting. Giving the user full 777 ACLs to the destination folder will resolve this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Chad Baker @Kevin-Monahan , this is happening to me on my mac's local HD.  It began once I switched over the the new MacBook M1 Max. It's located in a Dropbox folder however, I've always used Dropbox and never encountered this issue before.
I'm on Premiere v22.0.

Ari223988031mm5_0-1642690154870.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it must be a monterey issue because it started happening to me once i upgraded to it...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, this isn't true because I have full access to my computers and peripherals. And this issue disappeared when Adobe updated the Premiere Pro app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, not true.  Our end users have full 777 access to the remote SAN but the files still get created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gi williams,

Thanks for the note. Can you let our devs know your findings? https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Thanks!
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines