• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CS6 Importing Audio Only with MP4 File

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to use Adobe Premiere pro but every time I want to import in my MP4 files from my games that I recorded, it just only imports the audio and the video does not appear at all. It's just an audio track in Premiere Pro which is hindering my ability to actually use the program which is starting to tick me off a bit. Is there any fix to this? I would really like to use Premiere Pro but I can't without having a way to import my MP4 files with the video and not audio only. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I am using Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 which should be able to use H.264 encoded videos.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

505 Northman,

Your source footage has a variable frame rate, which is not supported in Premiere Pro. You might try transcoding the file to a constant frame rate in an application like Handbrake, then, reimport that clip. Please try it if you have not already.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MP4 is a wrapper, what is inside YOUR wrapper - Exactly what is INSIDE the video you are editing?

Report back with the codec details of your file, use the programs below... A screen shot works well to SHOW people what you are doing - For Windows Internet Explorer press the PRINT SCREEN button on your keyboard, and then do CTRL-V to paste the screen print from the clipboard into a forum message

Free programs to get file information for PC/Mac http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download POST IN TREE VIEW

Does your video use a VARIABLE Frame Rate? See https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1110005

If yes, use https://handbrake.fr/ open source transcoder/converter to convert to Constant Frame Rate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and thanks for the reply! Here is what I got in terms of the Codec Info.

Click for Codec Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

505 Northman,

Your source footage has a variable frame rate, which is not supported in Premiere Pro. You might try transcoding the file to a constant frame rate in an application like Handbrake, then, reimport that clip. Please try it if you have not already.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don't you just fix it? Give us plug-in or something. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, for Premiere Pro, I checked my video and it is constant frame rate. When I import the file, it's only audio.

Hiram2545786396oh_0-1659231762143.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines