• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CS6 stalls part way exporting although all Preview okay

Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to re-encode both my DJI Osmo 4K files and my Sony AX53  4K files because, infuriatingly, Premiere couldn't handle the CODECS.  So with all files re-encoded as MP4s - and all previewing okay, Premiere stalls with the attached 'Premiere Pro Debug Event' - 'WinFile.cpp-814'.

I've found I can output some small setions - 5 or ten minutes of the 48 minute edited video. 

The box is WIN10 Pro. The scratch discs are over a TB. I've tried exporting other formats with 'Use Previews' on and I've tried it unchecked to off.

Of course I have shut down & rebooted a few times.  I've also saved-as and rendered again from scratch.

Viewing the final preview of the 48 minutes it all looks tantalisingly perfect!

The program is only HD not UHD.  The attached screen shot will give you some idea of that's happening.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Marcus

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When that version of Premiere Pro was current, you would transcode to GoPro Cinrform 3 for editing with Sequence settings set to match.  Another good option for Windows was to install QuickTime and use PNG for Video.  

You should be okay with Cineform under Windows 10.  Working with the legacy QuickTime driver might require/work best with Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When that version of Premiere Pro was current, you would transcode to GoPro Cinrform 3 for editing with Sequence settings set to match.  Another good option for Windows was to install QuickTime and use PNG for Video.  

By @Warren Heaton

No, you would only transcode it you bought the plugin, which was rather expensive at the time.

Quicktime works under W10 and 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aren't we coming up on the ten year mark since QuickTime for Windows has had a security patch?  

I’d do go with what the current versions of Adobe video software support directly and avoid the out-of-date system driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can install the codec but avoid the player without issue.

CS6 needs the codec so does Encore.

Google does not provide an answer to the error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MarcInOz 

Try exportting ten to fifteen minute segments.

Assuming each exports as expected, then use Media Encoder’s stitch feature to create one 48 minute file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

G'day Warren (and Ann)

Thanks for taking the trouble to make suggestions.

I oibject to having to re-encode all my footage at all.  As I don't intend to keep paying Adobe for the rest of my life, I'm intending to dump Premiere and try another Video editor.

The clips in my timeline are no longer the issue (I'm fairly sure).

I have managed to encode a few short sections but even some less than 15 minutes dit the same wall.

I've watched the entire edit through again and there is never a glitch (although the quality of some of the re-endeded clips are pretty crappy).

I am doing the same thing I've done dozens of times. So I am mystified.

I am thinking of trying to migrate the project to antoehr editing program and import the EDL.  But the EDL looks like crap.  The 'FCP Translation Results' for every clip look like this:

'Translation issue: Synthetic Item (002 Segara Familia) not translated, Slug used as a placeholder.'

I'm not sure what to do now.  I don't think I could bear to repeat the 40+ hours of editing.

Any other suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thanks again.

Marcus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys

I eventually managed to export the program in five segments just under 10 minutees each.

I don't think CS 6 Adobe Encoder can stitch.  I used a program which I often find quite useful VideoReDo

The name and the look of the program is pretty dinky but it often gets me out of trouble.

It stitched the five 10 minute scenes together in under a minute!

Anyway, I appreciate your willingness to help.

Thanks again

Marcus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Marcus:

Thank you for sharing what worked for you.

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines