• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CS6

Explorer ,
May 14, 2023 May 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm trying to copy a number of elements from one Premiere file/sequence into another file. I have tried by importing the whole sequence from the old file into the new one with success. I then dragged the sequence icon into the timeline of the new file, it plays correctly but all I see is a coloured strip in the timeline and not any of the items making up that sequence? How can I get to see all the items making up a sequence?

kind regards 

B

TOPICS
Editing , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Hi, I got it to work by just renaming the sequence in the new file from sequence 1 to sequence 2. Then I copied the sequence 1 from the file containing all the elements I wanted to copy and pasted the sequence 1into my new file. Then once it was in I double clicked the sequence 1 icon and all the separate elements making up that sequence was copied into the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I stand to be corrected but I'm not sure you can do this easily in CS6. I would open the old sequence and copy and paste the required clips into the new timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richard,

Many thanks for getting back to me. I have tried your suggestion with no luck, it doesn't seem possible to copy elements from one file to another?

kind regards

B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've managed to achieve what I wanted so I am closing this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us your solution so others might benefit from it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 does not have the ability to show a nested sequence as individual clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I got it to work by just renaming the sequence in the new file from sequence 1 to sequence 2. Then I copied the sequence 1 from the file containing all the elements I wanted to copy and pasted the sequence 1into my new file. Then once it was in I double clicked the sequence 1 icon and all the separate elements making up that sequence was copied into the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines