Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Displaying Glitching on Footage on M1 iMac

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C891D012-3953-4CCC-B19A-CB35961D5626.jpeg

Hey everyone, I recently bought the new M1 iMac with 16GB of RAM (the highest available), and I was super excited to get working on my 4K Sony A7SIII footage since I had heard that the M1 chip should edit smooth as butter. Unfortunately, the editing is just as choppy, including dropped frames and now a glitching effect (sort of like little "tears" in the clips) throughout my clips that shows up in the source monitor, program monitor, and when the clips are exported. Am I missing something here? Since Premiere is now native, these things shouldn't be happening. Anybody know a fix? Attaching a screenshot of the glitching for reference. 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have a new M1 Mac and have had the same problem with footage imported from my Sony FX3 (which is basically the same camera)!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know I'm not alone, it's so irritating, and shouldn't be doing this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I have an FX3 as well and see the same.  It also happens with rendering proxys through media encoder.  It is horrible, would love to see a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Super sorry about that, Emily. What kind of footage is the camera generating? Is it XAVC 10 bit 4K? Any possibility of receiving a file that I can pass along to engineering?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you solve this please let me know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i'm using MacbookPro 13' M1 , and experiencing same issue when using with SONY A7S3 footage. I think there's a problem when handling XAVC 10bit 4:2:2 in FullHD/4K.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep! Same same.  SONY A7S3 XAVC 10bit 4:2:2 in FullHD/4K 59.94fps. Does not do it with 4K 60p footage from DJI Mavick Air 2 from same shoot. Getting a bit over this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Emily any progress on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Sorry for your issue.

The Premeire Pro devs are aware of this issue and working on a fix. In the meantime, try trascoding the footage to ProRes. If that doesn't help, try the previous version.

Let us know which workaround worked for you.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Nishu for your response,
Just want to add, when i edit the A7S3 footages 10bit 4:2:2 on Apple Silicon version, it glitching randomly. But it doesn't when i open it on Intel version 15.4 too.
Hope the problem will resolved very soon. love the performance on M1 chip, it's blazzing fast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having the same issue on the intel version and M1 versions of premier on our M1 macs. The intel version also cuts off the audio and freeze frames the image 5 seconds before the export ends...so we're kind of stuck between two very unfavorable situations. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let us know when this is solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Omg... I'm dealing with the very same issues as you.. At first I was freaking out but my footage is captured clean. I hope they find a fix very soon because I have some deadlines to catch. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to transcode the rushes to Proress 422 and YouTube 1080 HD and it doesnt fix the problem.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody!

Thank to Reddit I have fixed this weird glitchy issue. So the main problem lays in the newest update 15.4. There must be a bug in the update. 

What you should do to get rid of the bug is just re-install to an earlier version of Premiere Pro. So I re-installed the 15.2 version and it fixed the issues!

Good luck! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. I have an M1 Macbook Pro with 16gigs of RAM. Footage from my sony a7iii works just fine, but footage from my a7siii is unusable. I hope this gets fixed soon! The only work-around I have found is to switch back to the intel version of premier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Emily Glod @TojoSako @EthanlHall @L5C26 @Leonie5CC2 @josheyoung MinisoGuy   EthanlHall tharpey,

Sorry again for this issue. We have enabled Hardware Acceleration decode of HEVC/H264 4:2:2 10 bit on Mac ARM systems in the latest Premiere Pro Beta builds. We expect the issue to get fix in the latest beta build(starting from build 58). 

Please download the latest Premiere Pro Beta build from Creative Cloud --> Beta apps --> Premiere Pro (Beta)

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/creative-cloud-public-beta.html

You can have a look at the announcement here: 
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta/discuss-hardware-acceleration-decode-for-4-2-2-10-b...

Please let us know how it goes for you. Rest assured that we are actively monitoring this issue.

Thanks,
Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not touching this until I hear reports from other users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Leonie5CC2 ,

Some users have confirmed that they are not seeing this issue with the latest beta version. 
Please have a look at this thread : https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/a7s3-glitching-in-15-4-premiere-pro-on-m1-macbook-air-16...

Please download the latest Premiere Pro Beta build from Creative Cloud --> Beta apps --> Premiere Pro (Beta)

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/creative-cloud-public-beta.html

Please let us know how it goes for you. 

Thanks,

Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines