• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Down Arrow with bars on either side

Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am editing in Premiere Pro and I activated something that is causing me problems. When I try to more a piece of video I get a blue down arrow with bars on either side.The video will move but everything shifts.  I must be in some type of mode becasue I cannot add efects into the timeline. How do I get out of it?

Thanks,

Mark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

I was having the same issue, and unplugging the monitor, and plugging it back in seemed to fix the problem.

By the time I had an Adobe representative screen sharing, the problem was "fixed".

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hit the V key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried the V key and it does not change the situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.

In the tool panel to the left of the sequence, which tool is highlighted?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The top arrow is highlighted. The one that would be illuminated when you press "V." When I right-click on a piece of video I get a different set of options than normal and sometimes it's just a small list of options at the top left corner of the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I'm baffled.  Show us.

Add Image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you cutting on an external monitor?

This could be caused by a discrepancy between where the cursor is, and where the monitor thinks it is.

Likely this is a simple unplug your external monitor and plug it back in.

I had this happen to me, and it was just some error in communication between my laptop and the hdmi connected external monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue, and unplugging the monitor, and plugging it back in seemed to fix the problem.

By the time I had an Adobe representative screen sharing, the problem was "fixed".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is SUPER old, but did anyone actual find out what this is how to fix it rather than unplugging an external monitor? I'm running on my iMac, and am having the same issue as the poster. It's really causing me issues, I've restarted my iMac and nothing seems to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find anything to help you solve this issue? I have tried everything I can think of and everything I have read, but nothing is helping and I cannot even select or grab clips to move them around the timeline on Premiere Pro. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, have you found a solution by any chance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing was happening to me when I tried to drag an adjustment layer over to the time line, these lines and arrow kept showing. Then I tested it again and dragged over normal footage, the arrow and lines still appeared but the footage went in. I then zoomed in as close as I could and found the adjustment layer had in fact become embedded into the timeline it was just super small and skinny so it looked like nothing was coming up 🙂 Hope it was as silly as that for you guys

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the issue and have not been able to fix it. Here is an image of what it looks like. When you drag a video with this cursor setting it doesn't move the video with you in real time. So you have to guess where its going to land which is the most useless thing ever. I've tried every key and navigated settings but can't seem to find a solution. Help!179646952_146830240783991_3000595338776543110_n.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. In certain sequences, I see the little blue arrow but I can still see where the clip is moving to, and in other sequences it does what is described above. It is driving me nuts and I can't figure it out. I ended up duplicating a sequence where the issue was NOT happening, and copying and pasting my clips into that one. Seemed to solve it. Weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2021-06-16 at 15.36.55.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did it for me

Go to preferences ---> Playback-----> Disable or switch off or un tick Enable Mercury Transmit. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue as mentioned above and this did not help for me.. Any other possibilities of what could fix this? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like the old "cursor offset" issue that happened several versions ago. As silly as this sounds: try grabbing the top Premiere window (not a panel, the entire Premiere workspace) and wiggle your mouse. See if the offset is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues did anyone find a solution. I have one monitor so I know anything to do with muitiple monitor solutions will no help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just experienced the same thing on my iMac. It seemed to happen when I was in the middle of sliding footage along the timeline. I apparently made a wrong gesture that triggered this. Nothing suggested here was working, so I just saved the file and restarted the app. Luckily it was that simple for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been struggling with this for awhile and finally found a solution when nothing else was working. Its kind of annoying but I believe it has to do with nested audio files. I just removed my nested clips and put them back into the main timeline and that fixed it. I belive you could also fix it be rendering out nested audio files, deleting them from the nest, and putting them back into the timeline. This is a super annoying work around but its better than working with premiere with no live preview while moving clips around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2023 Dec 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found that the clip I was moving was only 1 frame in duration. After Effects had a setting that only rendered the work area which was 1 frame. When I rendered outr the full after effects comp it transfered into the Premiere edit as usual.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines