Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro drivers crashing or resetting itself

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

One week ago I've built my new editing pc. I've upgraded from a Ryzen 5 1600, gtx 1060 3gb and 16 gb ram to a Ryzen 9 5900X, RTX 3070 8gb and 32gb ram. When the build was completed, I've installed Windows and played some games and everything was fine, but when I'm using Premiere Pro my pc freezes and both of my screens goes black for like 2 seconds. It looks like the drivers are crashing or resetting automaticly while using Premiere Pro and the problem only occurs when I'm editing videos or when I'm using other Adobe apps like Photoshop. After the crash, everything is fine and it looks like nothing has happened. I've attached a video to it so you can watch it for your self! For what I have noticed, the crash looks like when you resetting your drivers with the win+ctrl+shift+b shortcut

This problem is really annoying because I use Premiere on a daily basis. I had this issue sometimes on my old pc when I was dragging a file from my second monitor to Premiere on my main monitor, but not this many times on my new pc. 

Here are some solutions I tried to resolve the issue:

- Downgrading and upgrading drivers (using both Nvidia game ready and studio drivers)

- Downgrading and upgrading between Premiere versions

- Clean reinstall of Premiere pro

- Restarting my pc

- Changing my renderer mode from Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (CUDA) to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only

- Clean install of graphics drivers

- Resetting my Premiere Pro preferences

- Deleting media cache files

- Changing the aftermarket dp port cable with the stock hdmi cable that came with my monitor

And none of these solutions work! I even contacted the Adobe live chat support and it didn't work either.

Here is an overview of my pc specs:

CPU Ryzen 9 5900X (liquid cooled with the NZXT Kraken z63)

GPU: Nvidia RTX 3070 8gb

RAM: 32gb 

Motherboard: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master

PSU: Coolermaster v850 SFX

As I said before, the problem only occurs when I'm using Premiere Pro or other Adobe apps. Hope someone finds a solution for this because this is a big problem, especially with the rtx 3000 series cards. I found two threads on Reddit where many people experience the same issue as I have

(Reddit thread 1)

(Reddit thread 2)

I will try other solutions and do some research in the mean time. I'll keep you guys up to date!:D

Kind regards,

Edward

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When posting a video try using screenrecording software.

If you must use your phone keep it horizontal covering the entire screen. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines