• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro drown out colors and underexpose the image!?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro visually alters imported files in the timeline (even if the maximum playback quality is selected and even if there are no problems with hardware (the computer can easily edit 4K files) and no issue software or plugins (by System Compatibility Report) or settings (settings are default now, although some minor parameters have been customized before.) What could be the problem? Why does Premiere Pro drown out colors and underexpose the image? See the attached example. Thank you for any concrete help!Screenshot 2022-03-13 201651.png

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks to be the Windows player you're comparing to. What other NLEs are you talking about?

What's your monitor set to for color space? Do you have any calibration you've done for that monitor to get it to Rec.709? Do you have the "Display color management" option checked "on" in the Preferences?

You mention something about minor changes ... I trust you haven't mucked about setting the full/legal (limited) setting on your GPU to full ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, Neil!
I solved the problem by unchecking "Display color management" (was "on").

(1. The monitor is set and calibrated for sRGB - calibrated with Xrite i1 Pro - because most of the time it is used for photo editing + others. Video editing, here, is from time to time
2. The other NLE I use is Davinci Resolve
3. The video card is the weak link in context I think - I use a GTX 1070 with creative drivers).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, just good to hear you're all sorted there.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're probably running premiere with no actual calibration. The xrite should write the .icc profile to your system as default, then premiere uses color management, i.e. reads the .icc profile stored from the system and applies the color management. and yes, most gpu's should be set as video levels. almost no one has a full range output unless they have a special system setup because most monitors don't understand it. If the .icc isn't Rec. 709 2.4 gamma, you're probably going to have problems with P3 etc. which is what I guess you calibrated it to. You should have a secondary calibration for video work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines