• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PREMIERE PRO DV CAPTURE

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, im working in an audiovisual archive project, and need to capture a lot of DV and DVCAM  materials waiting to be downloaded. I installed Premiere Pro 2022, but realized that DV capture is no longer available. I would like to install older versions (premiere pro 2019) but it is not listed in in "other versions" in creative clouds. It is still possible to install previous verions? 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Formats , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are on a Mac you can use iMovie to capture the DV tapes. I still have Firewire support on the PC side. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply! The problem is that the scene detection is really annoying in iMovie. Cant believe Adobe let archival institutions out of the game. We need to capture old formats. We work with that. Is part of our culture, our history. We ve been using Premire for so long... Really don t underestand

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know why Adobe is cutting out support for Firewire. Having said that I can capture video on the PC side using a Firewire DV converter but I can no longer output using a Firewire DV converter. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines