• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Effect Controls Slider not working

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My ability to use the mouse slider to change things like position, scale, opacity etc. in Effect Controls has suddenly stopped working, meaning the only way I can change them is by typing new values in. This is, needless to say, hugely frustrating.

I have tried a hard reset of Premiere, and have also trashed my preferences - neither of these worked. I've read a couple of other threads on this issue, but neither really come to a conclusion that fixes the problem - can anybody help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Josh,

I watched your video and it was the same problem for me. For me I also couldn't do time remapping or some color correction as you also need to hold and slide. 

I agree it's a bug with premiere pro but I had no choice after days of trying to fix it and calls with adobe but to get a new macbook. Even though there are a good few in this thread with this problem I don't think it's a big enough problem for them to fix it. 

I literally tried everything even trying to use my keyboard as a mouse, I bought a new external trackpad and mouse, updated mouse settings, I did everything in this thread and let adobe take control of my screen mess around with my settings for a few hours. Nothing worked. Weirdly enough, when adobe took control of my screen remotely from India, it worked for them, but no matter what I did it would not work for me on my old macbook. 

Perhaps calling adobe may work as it might depend on who you get and their knowledge level. 

Wish I could be of more help but best of luck with it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kevin230...

Luckily for me we don't do a lot of our retiming, motion graphics, or grading in Premiere, but if I was doing anything other than levels and curves it'd be a huge issue.  Honestly, Resolve and Fusion look more and more tempting every year, especially since they still offer perpetual licensing.

I'm sorry to hear you had to buy an entirely new computer to resolve this, that's an absurd way to solve a software problem like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear you are not too reliant on it, still not the best for editing effects. 

It's definitely not ideal, I can time remap easily on my phone with a free app called Inshot. This really shouldn't be an issue with adobe. 

As another user stated, that's how they solved the problem. If the problem reappears, definitely time to learn resolve. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem

Appreciate all the suggestions in this thread but none have worked. I cannot speedramp or colour correct without the slider. i had a 2+ hour call with adobe support and they could not fix it.

I will probably have to buy a new mac at this stage to solve this problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's how I ended up "fixing it"...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see, I was wondering if anyone got to the bottom of it. 

It's either a new macbook or learn davinci resolve. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into this issue again after switching to a new laptop, and this string reminded me of the solution - which is rooted in the Windows mouse config for me. Unchecking the "Enhance pointer precision" box on the "Pointer Options" tab of the "Mouse Properties" window fixed the problem for me. The mouse pointer is a little harder to control after the change, but you get used to it.

BMcCarty_0-1673661055632.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't really want to post this because it seems so unhelpful, but I was having the same issue after an iOS update. It was working fine before the update. But then when it stopped working, I updated PPro and then restarted my Mac. That's the only thing that worked for me. Might be worth considering if you've just done an update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines