• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Essentials Graphics

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Premiere Pro Version 23.  I have 185 sequences and simply want to take an essential graphics title, duplicate it, change it for a different sequence.  

I duplicate it, and then change it.  But the original Essential Graphics title changes as well.  This is infuriating. Because there's no notification that it's happening.  There should be a warning that pops up that says, "this edit will effect these titles also"

How do I duplicate an essential graphic, change it, and not effect anything else?

Thanks!

Dave

TOPICS
Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Dont duplicate but copy/paste.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dont duplicate but copy/paste.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you be more specific?

Correct me if I'm wrong.  But no Title/Graphic created in Essential Graphics appears as an item in the Project Panel, correct?  (Like the old title tool did)

so, if the title only exists on the timeline.  Do you mean, Copy and pasting the title on the timeline, correct?  And that would "seperate" the two titles.  So when I change the Pasted one, it won't effect the copied one?  

Just clarifying .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry I'm a little late to the game. In case you haven't found this out already:

WIth your Title Graphic selected in the sequence: go up to the pull-down menu "Graphics and Titles" and select: "Upgrade to source graphic". This will put the title in the bin or folder you have highlighted. Name it whatever you'd like.

Once it's a Source Graphic, you can drop it into your sequence multiple times. A good example is a lower third for an interview. If there is a spelling mistake, change one and they all change.

If you want to create a second lower third, copy and paste or duplicate the first and then edit. Again, drag from the bin when the person or title is needed in other areas of the sequence.

Rinse and repeat. Again, I haven't been here for a while and sorry if this is old news to you by now.

Bob K.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem you're encountering is due to the shared nature of Essential Graphics templates. When you duplicate and edit a title, it affects all instances of that template in other sequences.

To create a separate and independent copy of the Essential Graphics title for a different sequence, follow these steps:

1. Select the Essential Graphics title in your sequence that you want to duplicate.
  2. Right-click on the title in the "Essential Graphics" panel.
  3. From the context menu that appears, choose "Duplicate."

This will create a new copy of the title, which you can then drag and drop into the new sequence you want to use it in. Any changes you make to this new copy will not affect the original or any other instances of the template.

By following these steps, you should be able to have unique and independent Essential Graphics titles for each of your sequences without causing any changes to the others.

I hope this helps! If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, feel free to ask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 09, 2023 Aug 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, NayabAman.

I'm trying to follow your steps and have come accross the following:

You: "Right-click on the title in the "Essential Graphics" panel." "choose "Duplicate."

When I do this, I am duplicating the actual graphic (text) element and not the entire clip.

I believe the clip should be made available in your Project Bin first by selecting it in the sequence, then using using "Upgrade to Source Graphic" in the "Graphics and Titles" pulldown menu.

Once in the bin, right-click and choose "Duplicate" to create a new text element. In the sequence, perform an "ALT-Drag" with the mouse and a copy will be created and add a new element in the bin as a "Copy". Doing either of these will create seperate editable elements that will not effect each other.

If you have a title that you want repeated and where, if you change one, you change them all: Drag or Edit-In the Essential Graphic Clip from the Bin or Copy/Paste in the sequence. This will create "Clones" of the original as I like to refer to them.

One thing, I do not normally use the floating "Text" window that appears when you Double-Click and open an Essential Graphic clip. I just select the clip and edit the text in the Program Monitor as I found the "Text" window to be a little "buggy" (which I've reported) regarding Essential Graphics.

Bob K.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 09, 2023 Aug 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing I should have added:

When I stated:

"If you have a title that you want repeated and where, if you change one, you change them all: Drag or Edit-In the Essential Graphic Clip from the Bin or Copy/Paste in the sequence. This will create "Clones" of the original as I like to refer to them."

It is important that the Graphic be a "Source Graphic" for this to work. You know you are working with a Source Graphic when you see the Red Line appear under the Effect Icon on the clip itself. It is the same as applying a "Source Effect" on a Video Clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I appreciate your feedback and the clarification you've provided regarding the process. It's great that you've shared an alternative method to achieve the desired outcome. Your method involves duplicating the entire clip in the Project Bin, which is a valid approach to create separate editable elements without affecting each other.

Just to summarize your steps:

1. Select the title graphic clip within your sequence.
  2. Go to the "Graphics and Titles" pulldown menu and choose "Upgrade to Source Graphic." This action places a version of the title graphic in your Project Bin.
  3. In the Project Bin, right-click the title graphic and choose "Duplicate" to create a new text element.
  4. In the sequence, you can now perform an "ALT-Drag" with the mouse to create a copy of the title graphic. This will also add a new element in the bin as a "Copy."

This method ensures that you have separate editable elements that won't affect each other when changes are made.

You've also mentioned an interesting point about the floating "Text" window. It's good to know that you prefer editing the text in the Program Monitor rather than using the floating window, which you've found to be a bit buggy. Your experience and insights are valuable for others who might encounter similar issues.

Thank you for sharing your approach and your observations. It's always helpful to have multiple methods available to accomplish tasks within Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines