Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Export Glitched Frames on M1

Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We just recently got 2 new m1 macbooks for video eiting and are having a problem where frames have glitches in them while ecporting. Have tried both harware and software encoding while exporting from both premiere directly as well as media encoder. Have also tried different formats for exporting, H.264, Quicktime, etc, and the problem seems to occur no matter what settings we choose. Initially I thought this was a computer specific problem however it is happening to both of our brand new M1 Macbooks.

It's usually a 1 frame long glitch that scales/repositions a small portion of the video

It occurs at different points in each export

Any ideas to fix?

I've attached samples, AME glitch happens at 0:21; PPHW at 0:06, 0:15 and 0:22; and PPSW happens at 0:10

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Formats , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thank you for the answer.

My Hardware accelerated decoding is enabled.

The glitch is present only after I export the file from sequence. During I make my editing inside Premiere pro (during playback in Premiere pro) there are no glithes. That's a huge problem and it happens randomly in different places in rendered video. I noticed that it more often happens if there is an alpha channel graphic video on the timeline. But it's not allways like that, sometimes it happens when it's only a normal video on the timeline.

I noticed that if I export with Media encoder and choose a preference "Mercury playback engine sowtware only" there are no glithes, but the render takes like 4 hours for 20 minutes video, so it's not a solution at all.

Machine:

IMac M1 8 cores 16gb RAM

Premiere pro v22

On timeline: H264 + Animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear mayjain

I can't provide you my h264+animation sequence due to privacy, but today I've noticed the same problem with prores 4444 alpha channel video. Here is the project that contains a problem and a rendered video with a glitch

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/928f50b7-4d00-4d8b-4aa7-928186274a99

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Svetlana Sv for sharing these details. 

I will check it and discuss with my teammates.

Sorry again for the trouble.

Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How tf is this not fixed yet? Do you know how incredobly frustrating is to pay every month for a product that doesn't work? 9/10 exports in both the Beta and latest version of PR Pro have had this issue for months. I've tried any possible way to export and it always happens.  Screen Shot 2021-11-05 at 6.06.41 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am continuously having the exact same issues on 2 different M1 Macs. Only solution is to do software encoding which takes much longer and is not an ideal option for our workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you selecting to switch to sofrware encoding? In my Production Settings the option is greyted out?

Screenshot 2022-04-11 at 11.42.15.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi euand60297766,

Sorry, that option is not available on M1 Macs. Please return with any questions on that.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello mayjain
are there any news we're all waititng for so much?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone and mayjain

I want to share with you a BIG THING that my team and i discovered. 

If you export your sequence in prores - voila - there are no glithes!!!!!!!

But if you render in h264 - here they are.

We tested it on 10 renders and it worked. Let's discuss it together, can you try the same and share results, please?

Also mayjain can you please suggest why it could be the problem and test it with your adobe team too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I also have switched Video Previews in Sequence settings to QT Pro Res, then when exporting I select Use Previews, HOWEVER, I also neede to select Use Maximum Render Quality otherwise 1 of the 2 areas I was getting glitches still glitched, but by doing all 3, Video Previews set to QT ProRes, and on export selecting Use Renders and Maximum Render Quality I was finally able to export a glitch free export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey folks,

I'm still seeing this issue on an M1 iMac running macOS:

The issue is occurring in:
Monterey 12.0.1 on Premiere Pro 15.4.2 and Premiere Pro 22.0. Using "Software Encoding" doesn't help.

The issue is not occuring on: Monterey 12.0.1 on Premiere Pro 15.2.

The format doesn't seem to matter. H.264 in MOV, DNxHR in MXF, ProRes in MOV, all seem affected.

Please fix and/or offer a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone and mayjain

I want to share with you a BIG THING that my team and i discovered. 

If you export your sequence in prores - voila - there are no glithes!!!!!!!

But if you render in h264 - here they are.

We tested it on 10 renders and it worked. Let's discuss it together, can you try the same and share results, please?

Also mayjain can you please suggest why it could be the problem and test it with your adobe team too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Svetlana Sv ,

Can you please share your export settings for H264 where you see this issue ?

I want to reproduce the exact scenario at my end to discuss it with my team ?

Thanks,
Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

H264 25fps progressive vbr 1 pass aac audio 320 kbps 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dropping a message here to report the same. I've had this problem on my M1 Mac Mini for the past 6 months and was only able to rectify by rolling mac to an older version of Premiere Pro (15.2).

I've since purchased a new M1 MacBook Pro and was saddened to see I'm getting the same glitches others report when exporting via H264. I guess I'm rolling back again, but I'd really ... really like Adobe to fix this soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

having same problem. Exporting MXF Op1a XDCAMHD 50i to the TV.

It appears in different places with each export. Also the end creadits (roll) is jumping and looks like progresive.
This is very stressful, the production wants to burden me with the costs of not having a file on time.

It's happening as well on the PP 15 and 22. on M1 mac mini.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. New 2021 Macbook Pro 16" with M1 Max and Premiere 2021 and 2022. Glitches are happening on exports with any kind of effect, but mostly with optical flow speed changes. Lots of skipped frames and just general weirdness. I've tried reinstalling, restarting, turning hardware acceleration on and off, clearing cache, etc. All the stuff. 

It's not an option for me to transcode - it's a waste of time and shouldn't at all be necessary. The hardware and software are designed to work with all kinds of media, so any issues they are having are bugs and should be fixed, not worked around.

I switched to Windows two years ago because of these issues on Mac, and hoped they had sorted all these render issues out, but it appears they haven't. I have two Windows computers which never have these issues, so it's definitely a Mac only thing.

Too bad because the new Apple hardware is amazing, but if it's still going to be unreliable, it doesn't matter. Wasting hours trying to diagnose silly basic problems is such a horrible way to spend your time. 

My recommendation for anyone dealing with constant Premiere problems on Mac is to try out a Windows machine. They are cheaper, more powerful, and can be optimized specifically for Premiere. 

Hopefully Apple and Adobe can figure out these problems eventually..and permanently. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that the fix for now is to roll back to 15.2. All newer versions of Premiere have this glitch issue in the renderer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this can help someone....

I had the same issue with this :

MacBook Pro 13" 16Gb 1T
Premiere Pro V22.0
Files on a Samsung T7 SSD 500Gb
---
Timeline at 24 FPS
Footage from 3 different cameras:
Gopro Hero Black5 4k 25 fps FlatProfile
Sony A7ii 1080p 25 fps Slog2Gammut
Lumix G5 4k 24fps SemiLog
Lumix 4k 24fps SemiLog
Ai, Ae and Ps files directly on the timeline
up to 3 ajustment layers on each camera
Logos Png and jpg

Exporting with the Pr LUT for saturating back

I tried all the configurations possible, also exporting with intel version with roseta and i had always the same problems, random Glitch and horizontal lines like blinds, jumping frames ecc.....

SOLUTUON:

Open a new project, copy all your files first, then in a new timeline copy and paste from one project to the other one and export. If you do it correctly it will take you 5 min as you do just one copy and paste from one timeline to the other

HYPOTHESIS:
I was exporting a "Copy of....." so my project crashed in some point of my workflow and had to close and make an automatic copy to continue working with, so probably one of the recovery files was corrupted and that's the reason for the glitches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've figured this out. The issue is frame holds on M1s.

What a disaster of a bug. Please vote. https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/43876713-export-issue-when-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, thank you! This has been bugging me for months. I'm trying to remember if all of my glitched exports had frame holds, because that's something I do use frequently. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just adding to the chorus of people having a problem with M1 and Premiere. 

Macbook M1 Max

Premiere 22.1.1

This is happening on frames with basic motion graphic templates, text graphics, and sometimes just regulalr clips. We get quick repeat frames, and other random glitches. Have tried CBR, VBR, ProRes, all contain glitches. Also tried exporting through Premiere and Media Encoder.

An NLE isn't very useful if it can't export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Just want to report that I've been having this same issue on every variant of m1. Tried with FCPX and I can definitely conclude that it is an m1 chip issue.

My workaround initially was to export to prores then convert to h264. My final solution was just to switch over to windows till m2 comes out and see if the issue still stands.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would like to add on that the glitch happens in Davinci Resolve as well. (Not the studio version though)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope that it will be fixed soon. My work around is to open Premiere via the creative cloud app and open the Intel version. It's troublesome and some thime you dont't remember what version you are in but at lkeast you can have a glitch free export.Screenshot 2022-01-11 at 2.31.30 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines