premiere pro exported frame looks washed out in photoshop?

Participant ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I export a video frame into TIFF file, it looks washed out in photoshop. However if I import that TIFF file back into premiere, it looks like the original color again. So, is photoshop showing the wrong color? Why?

I have my monitor (asus 329c)  calibrated with a spyder and have a profile generated. But I don't understand what is going on under the hood.

So I hear videos have rec 709 color space. So when video is played on screen, something would convert the video's rec 709 color space into my monitor's color space, right?

And when premiere pro exports a video frame, what color space is the TIFF file supposed to have?

It would seem like assigning rec 709 to the TIFF file in photoshop should fix the color problem, but it doesn't. I have to assign my monitor's profile to the TIFF file to get the same color as in premiere. I don't understand this.

I remember there is an adobe CC setup step somewhere that ask you how you want to set up your color management and one of the choice (I think general purpose or something) would cause premiere pro exported frame to have the same color in photoshop. Anyone remember how to go to this "procedure"?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you working in a Rec.709 timeline? If so, Premiere is creating a TIFF file in sRGB color space, the primaries for Rec.709.

So make sure you're working that in Rec.709 in Photoshop.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines