Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

premiere pro exporting and file size issue

New Here ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

i am coming over from videopad editor to premiere pro, and see how good life can be.

i have an issue with file size when exporting

when i creat a  4k video on videopad its final mp4 would be around 60 mb,  and that is fine for what i needed.

if i put that same file on the timeline in premiere pro, the export size is still the same.  but if i add just one more layer to the timeline, the export size becomes 500 mb.  why does it jump so much

i want to keep my final file sizes around 50 mb

any suggestions

TOPICS
Editing , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi omid702018,

We can get this checked. Let us know the version of Premiere Pro and the export settings that you have used.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

filesize = duration x bitrate.

If you want a smaller filesize: lower the bitrate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ann has the basic there ... filesize is the result of the bitrate (which is totally per second, no matter the framesize) times the duration.

Premiere and Resolve both are sort of minimalist in their compression options though. So many 'advanced' users will export say a ProRes "master" file from Pr or Resolve, then go to ShutterEncoder, HandBrake, or ffmpeg to get an H.264/5 with smaller file size while preserving visual quality.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines