• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro exporting non-existent captions track

Explorer ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a weird problem. Premiere Pro is exporting a captions track of my video despite the fact that (a) I deleted the captions track after creating it), and (b) the export captions option in my export options was unchecked.  Anyone have any idea what's going on here?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Close the project without closing Premiere. Then from the Preferences panels cache options, delete all cache files.

Close Premiere, re-open, see if that gets it sorted.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion.  Unfortunately, it is still exporting video with captions enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried creating a new project, then dragging that sequence into the new project?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your suggestions.  No, I did not.  It's very complex, so I was concerned about what I would lose.  It's an interesting bug, because it's intermittent.  The first time I tried your first solution, it actually worked. I then made some minor adjustments to the sequence, and the captions reappeared on export.  I tried your solution again, and it worked again.  More changes, new export, captions reappeared.  This third time, your solution didn't work.  And it didn't work the next three times.  Then the fourth time, I stopped using your solution, and captions didn't export.  Mysterious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's a bit different method another user tried:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/captions-gone-wild/m-p/12980002#M414677

I have not seen this problem.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines