• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere pro fails to load motion graphics templates even when after effects is installed

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am editing a video in Premiere Pro CC 2021 on mac OS Mojave.  I'm trying to use a motion graphics template that requires After Effects.  I also have After Effects CC 2021 installed but when I drop the graphic into the timeline it loads for a very long time then returns an error telling me that I need to install After Effects.

Screen Shot 2022-03-20 at 09.48.03.png

Just a week ago I used the same graphic without any issue. So I think it is odd that it is not working now. To try and fix the issue I have restarted my computer and updated After Effects, uninstalled and reinstalled  After Effects. I am currently waiting for Premiere Pro to update but I don't know if that will work. If this fails I am gonna try to update my OS. I would really appreciate any advice on the issue and to hear about solutions other people have used.  

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, Jodi.

Sorry this is happening. I have seen a case like this in the past. Our staff asked to check the media cache locations for After Effects and Premiere Pro. See that they are set to the default locations in Preferences. If they are set to custom locations, they may not function correctly since they share some of the cache.

Here is the thread: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/unable-to-use-essential-graphics-templates-c...

Please return after troubleshooting the locations of your media cache. Let us know what happens.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread does not help. We need a clear answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version numbers and builds of Premiere Pro and After Effects?

They must match for Dynamic Link to work properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I have been filming videos since my early childhood. I was always recording everything and making family memories. It was so much fun. The most interesting part of it was editing them. Growing up, I used to turn on my imagination and let it guide me to the most unusual and cool videos. I grew up and changed a lot of editing apps. If there are other filmmakers here, I am sure they can understand me. Not every app has so many packs with transitions and effects. For now, I am using an ideal app that can be found here, videohive.net, and I am making progress everyday. Looking back, my family is so happy I recorded everything these years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines