• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro fast color corrector gone?

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2016 Jul 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that the new Premiere Pro version that came out a few weeks ago does not include the fast color corrector effect, it disappeared from my video effects list after I updated, has Adobe deleted this effect?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 13, 2016 Jul 13, 2016

It's in the Legacy folder, for older projects that have it already

Actually, the "Obsolete" folder.

Cheers!
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 12, 2016 Jul 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's in the Legacy folder, for older projects that have it already.

The Lumetri effect is far superior.  You should try that instead.

Lumetri Color Panel Explained - Premiere Pro CC 2015 - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2016 Jul 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's in the Legacy folder, for older projects that have it already

Actually, the "Obsolete" folder.

Cheers!
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this was posted years ago but I very glad you kept the Fast Color Corrector. Speaking for myself and I know many others who still use it as part of their Color Correcting workflow. Since it was moved to the Obsolete folder, can we take that as it will not be completely removed? (I sure hope not:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 on Lumetri.  Yes, there is a slight impact on performance. If you rig is setup correctly, it should be negligible.   I'm sure the fast CC will be gone in the next update, so start learning now.

Tip, start using the search bars in panels to quickly find things:

Search FX.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2017 Mar 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NOT happy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Fast Color Corrector seems to be completely gone now. I only used it for one thing, skin tones. It was instant. It took me seconds to get perfect skin tones. No other tool does what the FCC did. I want it back. Is there a replacement plugin or something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The FCC was in the Obsolete folder for several years, meaning it wasn't going to be updated. On the newest Macs, they use a different coding process, so the entire Obsolete folder set went buh-bye.

The Lumetri effect easily handles skin tones. Especially in the Curves section. Use the Hue v Hue curve, select your skin-tone, and move it either more red or yellow.

Or use the Secondaries tab and select a range of tones, and move them as thou wist.

And btw ... the Lumetri effect has much better math behind it than the old FCC, one of the reasons that was junked.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This absolutely does not work for people who embedded it in projects. There should have been (and currently should be) a big warning in red letters on the "Obsolete" or "Legacy" folder that ACTUALLY COMMUNICATES this to users as a threat... whether you think it should have been obvious with YOUR education or not... rather than just implying it in a way that devs think is logical. Because that warning is absolutely not present.

The reason people are not happy is: the fact that bad communication is happening regularly. So many things are being done to our projects without warning that it's worthy of class-action... but Adobe reps just keep responding with essentially, "We talked about it around our offices for years, how could you not know? Weren't you in on the thing we didn't say?" It's become ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have sympathy when a user hits a painful issue. Don't misunderstand that. I do disagree with some of your basic assumptions though in this case.

Different expectations I suppose.

Anytime a software dev puts something in a folder they label "obsolete", I assume it means exactly what it says. That they don't find that tool still useful and will do nothing more with it. And I further assume, that it's going to go buh-bye at some point.

Why?

Because over the many years I've been working around computers, every app that has had an "obsolete" folder eventually deletes everything in that folder. In fact, any other company that has had effects/tools in an Obsolete folder has deleted those in the next major version release. So in my experience, Adobe kept those effects around for half a decade, which is to me both amazing and totally unique.

You also seem to have an assumption about long-term stability in apps even existing as a 'thing', which is to me ... illogical. I've got a box in a drawer of all the discs for installing MAJOR programs that businesses around the world used as a key tool. Expensive apps, a couple I spent near $1,000 on.

And those apps don't even exist any more. Used dBase recently?

Here in the Adobe apps, they dumped SpeedGrade, which I was vocal about being a stupid decision. But it was not different than for any other company deciding to discontinue an app or tool of an app. They decided that going forward it was wiser financially to work with Lumetri within Pr than have a separate program.

I disagreed, but well ... it's their app, their decision. As decisions within my business are my business. And any current or potential customer will make their decision to use my firm or not.

And in my many years in business, within our own company, we have offered different services and products at different times. Most of which we do not offer anymore. Are we evil for that? I suppose you might assume "yes", because naturally ... we didn't communicate directly to every client we've ever had that we were going to discontinue some service or product.

So from experience, I never assume any program, or even any part of any program, will ever be permanently available forever. It's not only never been done by anyone, but would stifle development and change.

Next, there have been hundreds of threads & posts on this & other forums about the Obsolete folder and what will eventually happen to the items therein. So it isn't something that only an elite few knew of.

If you hadn't seen them, that's unfortunate. But had you posted here to ask, or ever done a search of this or other forums about Adobe's use of "Obsolete" on those folders, you would have had an answer.

Yea, part of being a professional is being proactive learning about the tools & services you need to get for your clients. It has been my entire time in business.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You literally ignored everything I wrote and pretended like repeating my exact points was somehow a counterpoint.

I didn't make assumptions: You did. That's why I wrote demanding not to be required to assume things... and then you literally wrote "I assume"... then you gave your education. As if I hadn't just preempted that with sound logic.

Insane that you think I don't contact Adobe constantly as the years go by with every effort to preempt these abuses. - You're just leveraging assumption after assumption and pretending things are how they should be.

The complaint stands. There was NO WARNING. You didn't even begin to refute that.

I did EXACTLY as they advised, WHEN they advised. And the fact that I'm a professional is what leads me here. Not the other way around.

You literally have no business inventing fictions about my life or insulting me on this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't see any insults intended or implied. I simply listed out my experience over many years of software use ... the consistency with anything labeled 'obsolete', by any company, meaning it's going to be EOL sometime, maybe soon.

Therefore, I assume anything listed as "obsolete" ... is a danger to continue to use.

You clearly assumed otherwise. How do I or anyone know that? You chose to keep using an effect in a folder labeled Obsolete for several years. And are now very angry that ... eventually ... they stopped supplying that Obsolete effect.

If you had made any other assumption, you wouldn't have continued to use the effect. That seems ... logical, to me.

Everyone's mileage always varies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"You need to be a full time forum crawler if you expect even basic non-criminal functionality... not for the competition... just for Adobe." <-- Nonsense and unprfessional on its face.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines