Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro font missing - new Apple M1 pro

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings! 

Loving the performance of my new MacBook Pro with the M1 Pro chip however, I am having trouble locating certain fonts to use for my titles when editing in Premiere Pro (latest version v.22 but I think 15.4.1 for these purposes.) 

Am I doing something wrong? I've tried deactivating/reactivating ... shutting down ... etc. Is there something else to try? Wondering if this is a glitch using Pr with the new processor chip. 

Thank you. 

Molly 

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

System fonts and fonts from the Adobe Type Library (Adobe Fonts | Explore unlimited fonts) should load as expected.

Support for Postcript Type 1 fonts is ending in 2023, but font formats should load as expected.

PostScript Type 1 fonts end of support (adobe.com)

If you're having difficulty with 3rd party fonts, you would want to reach out to the font publisher.

As a troubleshooting step, do the fonts that are not working in Premiere Pro showing up as expected in other applications like Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and/or TextEdit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ooooohhh great question. I will need to check that out however, I don't know if the fonts I want to use are 3rd party fonts. How would I know? 

I can "activate" the fonts when creative cloud asks me to activate them. But after I "activate," they do not appear when I type the name in the font selection field ... but let me check to see if they appear when I use photoshop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MKH1 

Were you able to get your font to load as expected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Warren Heaton ACK! I missed this ... still getting acquainted with the community discussion boards ... 

Actually, I was not able to get the font to load as expected HOWEVER, I have yet to exhaust all of your helpful suggestions. 

Now I have a strange problem whereby the menu buttons won't work. I hover my mouse over a menu button but the drop-down menu won't stay open long enough for me to select an option. It is very frustration and happens sporadically. Can't tell if it is because of the M1 Pro chip or Mac OS Monterey. 

Never happened when I was using my intel based Mac with Big Sur. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you click and hold the menu button can you make the selection?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines