Premiere Pro freeze and crashes when importing files

New Here ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've had this problem recently that happened to me and it is super annoying because every time I try to edit a video I have premiere pro crash on me I have tried diagnosing this problem I found out that any folder with sizes up to 6MB would crash the software, I know this sounds stupid but my pc is low end, don't ask me why I am trying to edit videos on my low end laptop. And yes it still works flawlessly. Anyways the template videos still work and it has been working fine ever since this problem occured it still has been working but I the only problem is that the crashing is annoying I've deleted every single storage type for premiere pro. I've tried deleting the 22.0 that is all my projects I didn't need any of my projects anyways. But how do you fix this problem?

My computer specs:

Windows 11

8.00 GB of ram

Intel Celeron J4005 @ 2.00 GHz

Intel UHD Graphics 600

List of solutions I've tried:

Deleting the cache

Removing temporary files

Re-installing the program

Removing storage files associated with premiere

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your machine is way underpowered to handle Premiere 2022.

Adobe Premiere Pro CC System Requirements

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This may be caused by your laptop being too low specd, I'm afraid. Especially, the processor - Celeron...

Marek Mularczyk
Adobe Certified Expert and Instructor

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines