• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Freezes/Crashes After Pushing Play

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Have Been Editing For About 3 Mouths With A Brand New Laptop And It Had Worked Until The Last 48 Hours And It Starts Up Fine And I Can Get The Video On The Timeline Just When I Push Play It Don't Play And It Freezes And I Cant Do Anything I've Tried Deleting It And Shutting Down My PC But Nothing That I've Tried Had Worked.

Can Someone Plz Help I Need To Start Editing ASAP Thank You

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try deleting the Media Cache and Media Cache Files.

If that doesn't work, try updating or rolling back your video driver directly from the card manufacturer's site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry about the trouble, but we need more information to get this sorted.

FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Peru says, try clearing cache files and see FAQ kulpreet mentions... I'd also not hesitate to uninstall Premiere, Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems, and ensure all CC system-wide and project-local caches are cleared, the reinstall Premiere and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me...

Trash Preferences - Trashing preference basically means resetting PP to factory settings. By trashing preferences, you remove a lot of the preferences you may have changed in the program, so do make a note of any customizations you want to keep.

To do this, press Option (Mac OS) or Alt (Windows) while launching Premiere Pro. When you see the splash screen, release.

You can reset the preferences and the plug-in cache at the same time by holding down Shift-Option (Mac OS) and Shift-Alt (Windows) on launch and letting go when you see the splash screen.

When the Welcome Screen loads, if you see a list of your previous projects, the preferences weren’t correctly reset. Try again.

Once I did this - video playback ran smoothly. Hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same Problem, and pressing alt and/or shift does not work. even deleting the preferencefile does not work. everytime restarting the program, all my preferences and projekts are still there. i reinstalled premiere a couple times. and turned of "syncronisation" in the creativecloud. still no results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I FIXED IT!!! my audio hardware was set to ASIO and would freeze as ASIO wasnt working. I needed to change it to MME and then select my speakers. Works fine now. Resetting preferences proably would have also fixed it for me haha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines