Premiere Pro Freezes Minutes into Editing

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For awhile now whenever I try to edit anything, premiere will not be able to handle it. Whether it's photos or video, after a couple minutes, it will suddenly lag and continue to do so until it's impossible to edit.

For example, I'm trying to assemble some images together with just a little bit of music. Two minutes into it, where I'm just clicking and draging images into the timeline, the software lags. It's so bad that it takes ten seconds of waiting before it catches up in real time.

I have all my footage and images on a hard drive, and I edit it from the drive. I deleted a bunch of stuff on my computer to make room, but even so my computer says that I still have 'other' things that are taking up space, but I don't know what that would be. 

So perhaps the lagging is caused by lack of storage maybe, I don't know. Otherwise I've tried making sure playbacks weren't in high quality, and some other things. I'm not working with a lot of footage for this project, so I don't know what is wrong. The images I am using are HD, but I don't know if that could be causing a lag.

What could be the issue? 

I have the lastest verion of premiere (22.0) and I went through and deleted past auto saves which I thought helped, but now it's back to lagging. 

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?