• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Freezes when Saving 2020

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am almost done with my project but Premiere keeps freezing (Eventually crashing) when I try to save latest changes. It shows the "Saving" but doesn't load, then when I press "Cancel" it shows me the color wheel. Eventually I end up Force Quitting the app (Done this over 40 times already). One time, it was on this color wheen for over an hour. 

I've tried saving project as, new file, same issue. I've tried renaming the documents folder where Premiere lives, same thing. Please help. I am two force quits away from switching to AVID.

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same's been happening to me. Trashed prefs, created new project and media browser imported old stuff, no avail.  Frustrating as heck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your disk permissions. They may have changed for any number of reasons.

Also check available disk space on your target disk. Probably not an issue, but worth checking anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion Jeff. As far as I can tell, permissions seem fine. It doesn't happen every time but I haven't been able to isolate a specific cause of it. Could happen once a day, or 4 times in an hour. 

For me it occurs when working in Productions (so maybe related to project locking?), but then again, I haven't worked outside of Productions in months, so maybe just coindicence. 

At this point, I'm basically hitting save after ever few actions so if I get to a save that freezes me, I've only lost a bit, rather than the hour (despite the fact I have auto-saves set to every 15 minutes, still unsure what's going on there) previously.

Anyhow, thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fwiw, I have autosaves set to every 5 minutes.  they happen so fast, I hardly notice.   Are you saying that the autosaves are not working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like your idea about it happening in Productions.

If you have time to work outside of Productions for a little while, please give that a try to see if the issue still manifests itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, do we have a solution yet? I've been facing the same issues and none of the suggestions that I can find online seem to be working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a similar issue on a new M1 mac mini. Project wasn't autosaving either, so lost a whole day's work. Then the project file ends up being corrupted and we need to restart the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find a solution? This same thing is happening to me with only one of the projects in a Premiere Productions being saved to Dropbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cruz90,
Sorry. I have a question and a test to try. 

• Do you also have an M1 Mac? 
  • Have you tried a test on the project without Dropbox in the chain?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have an M1 Max MBP. I tested the project without Dropbox and the same thing happens. It might save okay a couple a times and at some point when I hit save it just freezes and I have to force quit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue within Productions. Happens when I have a certain combination of projects open at the same time. Our original project that houses the footage. And latest rough cut (which lives in its own project). Not practical to go back to an old rough cut. Adobe please address this. Need to find a solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens on a brand new M1 macbookpro and iMacs. Running 22.2.1. Maverick on M1 and Big Sur on Intel iMacs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried this twice and it doesnt work for me. The ball continues to twirl and I have to force quit Pr and reopen the program on my last saved timeline sequence. I have found this afternoon a peculiar workaround. If I click inside the project window on the left of the sequence window and then save - the save is more rapid than before and I'm able to save without my Mac crashing. I'm working on a large documentary project with over 22 hours of material, fortunately, its shot in 1080 p. I'd be interested in hearing other work arounds. I work a lot with two parallel timelines with as many as six to eight sequences in a window above with the master edit timeline in a window below it. The freezing is new to me, so I think this could be a big factor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does your autosave work?  I've got my autosave interval set for 5 minutes.    And I think you may be pushing the envelope with having so many sequences and timelines open...   And fwiw, 22 hrs of material is not unusual...  I've worked on large documentary projects with much more than that without any issues...  but I generally only have one timeline panel open and usually work with just one sequence open...  I like to work very quickly and it's too easy (at least for me) to make a mistake on the wrong sequence unintentionally, so I my open many sequences at the same time, but close them when I don't need them...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines